Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > hd audio problem

hd audio problem

=?Utf-8?B?eWF6NQ==?=

I run win xp64 edition sp2 , suddenly my hd audio realtek stops working,
and i can't fix it, i have tryed kb901105 hotfix, but it returns install
error telling me that my system version is newer and don't need this update,
and as far as i know the sp2 for win xp64 doesn't include this hotfix, but it
is not possible to install it manually. what should i do ?
many thanks for help

Theo

According to the KB at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/901105 this hot fix is
targeted at the Intel High Definition audio and not yours.

I would suggest you download the latest Realtek driver at:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
if your sure you have the HD chip. Uninstall the current
driver and then install the newest one.

What make and model motherboard do you have in your system?