Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > '...configure my wireless network settings' disabled

'...configure my wireless network settings' disabled

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlaGJheiBBZnphbA==?=

Hi

The 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings' option will
automatically disable itself when I try to connect to a wireless network. I
have not installed any devices nor software recently and prefer not to use
the application that came with the driver, therefore I have only instilled
the driver for the network card.

Any ideas how to stop it from disabling itself?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

--
LifeOnMars

Chuck [MVP]

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:33:03 -0700, Shehbaz Afzal
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>The 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings' option will
>automatically disable itself when I try to connect to a wireless network. I
>have not installed any devices nor software recently and prefer not to use
>the application that came with the driver, therefore I have only instilled
>the driver for the network card.
>
>Any ideas how to stop it from disabling itself?
>
>Any assistance is much appreciated.

Shehbaz,

Your preferences not withstanding, when you install software and selectively
don't install some components, you may cause problems. Also, some WiFi drivers
will conflict with the Windows drivers, and with WZC. Make sure that only ONE
WiFi service manages the WiFi card.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/01/stabilise-your-wifi-use-only-one-wifi.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...-one-wifi.html

--
Cheers,
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Some Wireless cards would not install correctly if the Drivers are Not
installed together with the Utility.
Log first to the manufacturer support's site and download the latest drivers
and then install it as is.
Once installed if it starts the card's native utility look at the Startup
and the running processes, and disable the utility from starting the next
time that you reboot.
To check the installation integrity follow this page,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Disabling StartUp and processes here,
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
Switching On WZC here, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html