Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix

Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix

Holgerson

Hi everybody,

I wonder if someone knows how to implement an operator* into NRVec and/
or NRMat, respectively, that can perform these kind of operations:
Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix. Thanks a lot,

Holger

=?UTF-8?B?RXJpayBXaWtzdHLDtm0=?=

On 2007-10-25 11:10, Holgerson wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I wonder if someone knows how to implement an operator* into NRVec and/
> or NRMat, respectively, that can perform these kind of operations:
> Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix. Thanks a lot,

See my reply to your other question for answers on that one. Please
notice though that these kinds of operations are usually undesirable
since they do not perform so well.

--
Erik Wikström

Valeriu Catina

Holgerson wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I wonder if someone knows how to implement an operator* into NRVec and/
> or NRMat, respectively, that can perform these kind of operations:
> Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix. Thanks a lot,
>
> Holger

Hi,

I think you'd better try the blitz array library from
http://www.oonumerics.org/blitz/ and modify the NR algorithms to work
with it.
It has pretty much everything you need and it's very efficient (uses
expression templates).

Holgerson

On Oct 25, 8:02 pm, Valeriu Catina <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Holgerson wrote:
> > Hi everybody,

> > I wonder if someone knows how to implement an operator* into NRVec and/
> > or NRMat, respectively, that can perform these kind of operations:
> > Matrix*Vector and Vector*Matrix. Thanks a lot,

> > Holger

> Hi,
>
> I think you'd better try the blitz array library fromhttp://www.oonumerics.org/blitz/and modify the NR algorithms to work
> with it.
> It has pretty much everything you need and it's very efficient (uses
> expression templates).

Dear Valeriu,

I did load that blitz-tool down and it looks very promising to me, so
I may want to use it. Thanks a lot,

Holger