Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > development speed of struts is low?

development speed of struts is low?

cmk128@hotmail.com

Hi
When i change my action class, struct-config.xml, i need to
restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development speed. How to fix
this problem?
thanks
from Peter ((E-Mail Removed))

Lew

> When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts configuration
file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".

> i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development speed. How to fix
> this problem?

Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the Tomcat
manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through an Ant task.

Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

--
Lew

Richard Reynolds

"Lew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

> That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts
> configuration file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".
>
>> i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development
>> speed. How to fix
>> this problem?

> Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the
> Tomcat manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through
> an Ant task.
>
> Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.
>
> --
> Lew

weblogic has an "auto deploy" directory, simply pop in your new ear and it
detects the change and deploys if for you, maybe Tomcat has somethng
similar?

cmk128@hotmail.com

On 10 26 , 7 01 , "Richard Reynolds" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "Lew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>

> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

> > That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts
> > configuration file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".

> >> i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development
> >> speed. How to fix
> >> this problem?

> > Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the
> > Tomcat manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through
> > an Ant task.

> > Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

> > --
> > Lew

> weblogic has an "auto deploy" directory, simply pop in your new ear and it
> detects the change and deploys if for you, maybe Tomcat has somethng
> similar?

I used JBuilder, when i press the play button, it will deploy, but it
is still slow.
thank you for the answers
from Peter

Lew

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I used JBuilder, when i press the play button, it will deploy, but it
> is still slow.

How slow, exactly?

--
Lew