Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Privilege level for VPN Access

Privilege level for VPN Access

Thomas Miller

Hi all,

I am setting up a 1841 router with the VPN option. I am performing user
authentication within the device and not using an external authentication
scheme. What privilege level is required to allow full access via VPN but
not have any rights to log into the router?

Thanks in advance.

erich

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1096639

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/t...8009465c.shtml

according to the second article priv 1 is unpriveledged. I suspect it
works.

erich

Besides setting the privilege level low, try this:

username <userid> autocommand exit