Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Putty Software

Putty Software

Bob Bob

Hi
I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
impressed.

Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?

Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Bob

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Bob Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
>impressed.
>
>Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
>
>Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
>commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?
>
>I appreciate any feedback.

Have you used telnet supplied with Windows?

Start | Run <type in>
CMD /K telnet /?
<enter>

or click on: telnet://nightmare.homeip.net
--

bubble wrap.
http://public.aregner.com/bubblewrap.swf

Evan Platt

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:06:10 -0400, Bob Bob <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
>impressed.
>
>Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?

I've used it.

>Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
>commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

No.

Telnet is text only.

Bob Bob

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:41:14 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Bob Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
>>impressed.
>>
>>Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
>>
>>Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
>>commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?
>>
>>I appreciate any feedback.

>Have you used telnet supplied with Windows?
>
>Start | Run <type in>
>CMD /K telnet /?
><enter>
>
>or click on: telnet://nightmare.homeip.net

I misunderstood the product.- wanted a replacemtn for PCAnywhere and
not a Tenet type product.
Thanks for the post.
Bob

Bob Bob

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:20:54 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:06:10 -0400, Bob Bob <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
>>impressed.
>>
>>Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?

>I've used it.
>
>>Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
>>commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

>No.
>
>Telnet is text only.

Thank You for the time - my misunderstanding.
Bob

John Holmes

Bob Bob "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi
> I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
> impressed.
>
> Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
>
> Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
> commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?
>
> I appreciate any feedback.
> Thanks
> Bob

The best is RAdmin. It's superfast. The older versions are for free, the
newest 3.0 version isn't. Google for RAdmin 2.0 or RAdmin 2.1, it's
sitting around somewhere.

--
Your mother was a stern dimwit who joined a religious cult in fast food
restaurants.

wisdomkiller & pain

Bob Bob wrote:

> Hi
> I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
> impressed.
>
> Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
>
> Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
> commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

Putty is a (secure, encrypted) version of telnet and ftp - both text-only
tools to communicate and transfer files with/from unix or linux servers.
If you want windows to windows, with shared folders, you'd need the remote
desktop provided by remote desktop connection or even netmeeting
remotedesktop sharing, or as a free and interoperable solution (works for
linux or unix as well), use tightvnc. However, it lacks filesharing
capabilities.

Putty Software Automatically Open Tony No Baloney Computer Support 4 02-05-2010 08:31 PM
PuTTY whytwelve13@yahoo.com Cisco 0 10-05-2006 06:54 PM
Re: Difficulty PIX ssh server via Putty. Merv Cisco 0 09-30-2006 02:22 PM
Re: Difficulty PIX ssh server via Putty. Brian V Cisco 0 09-30-2006 02:11 PM
Verify PuTTy Key fingerprint using the PIX finesse spamdozer@yahoo.com Cisco 0 01-31-2005 04:19 AM

Advertisments