Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Should I be afraid???

Should I be afraid???

Bubba

Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> If the inbound shows a PRIVATE IP then it means that something OUTSIDE
> made it INSIDE your network - the only way that can happen is if
> you've enabled UPnP on the router or if you've setup port forwarding.
>
> Disable UPnP on the router, Disable Port Forwarding, Disable Admin
> Forwarding, Disable GAME forwarding, Disable "Trigger" Forwarding,
> disable DMZ address if it has one.

I've gone thru the router and disabled pretty much everything. I've
still got the problem but I'm pretty much convinced that the problem is
internal somehow. I'll contact ZA and see what they have to say.

Leythos, thank you for all the time and effort. I appreciate it. I've
got to catch a flight soon, so I might as well end the thread here.

Thank you for trying to help.

Bubba

Bubba

goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote in
news:4720dc5e$0$29257$(E-Mail Removed):

> and disable telnet, http interface, ssh (remote management) on the WAN
> side as well

HOLY CRAP! I was just starting to feel secure! I just tried to lookup how
to do the things you suggested and was only able to find something about
telnet. And I have no idea how to do what they suggest!

Seriously Goarilla, thanks for the input. I'll look into it.