Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > I can't get Firefox 1.5 to "restart"

I can't get Firefox 1.5 to "restart"

Teh Suck

I installed and updated a few extensions and I closed the browser and
reloaded it so that they could be activated.

However, when I looked at the Extensions menu it still said "...will be
installed when Firefox is restarted." I tried exiting and reloading again,
but it says the same thing. I tried restarting my PC. Ditto.

I also tried uninstalling the extensions that I installed and updated and
this too didn't work.

Anyone know what else I can try?

Tony Raven

Teh Suck wrote:
> I installed and updated a few extensions and I closed the browser and
> reloaded it so that they could be activated.
>
> However, when I looked at the Extensions menu it still said "...will be
> installed when Firefox is restarted." I tried exiting and reloading again,
> but it says the same thing. I tried restarting my PC. Ditto.
>
> I also tried uninstalling the extensions that I installed and updated and
> this too didn't work.
>
> Anyone know what else I can try?

Try starting it in Safe Mode and then close down and restart normally.
Fixed it for me when I had that problem.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

mike555

==== sometimes certain extensions "fight" with each other, you might
need to disable the new ones one at a time till you find out witch one
is giving you trouble , also you could shut down Firefox by useing
CTL-ALT-DEL ====