Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Toolbar launcher

Toolbar launcher

Stuart Johnson

I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
longer works.

What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
simple which I like.

Any suggestions please?
--
Stuart Johnson in Peterhead, Scotland
To reply direct remove FILTER from

why?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:24:41 +0100, Stuart Johnson wrote:

>I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
>use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
>longer works.
>
>What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
>desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
>files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
>simple which I like.

Keep looking then, otherwise you are most likely going to get replies
for stuff you have already rejected.

>Any suggestions please?

Usual shareware / freeware sites and www.google.com

Me

dadiOH

Stuart Johnson wrote:
> I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used
> to use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
> longer works.
>
> What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of
> the desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
> files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
> simple which I like.
>
> Any suggestions please?

You can't just make your own in XP? With Win98 you can create
taskbars at all sides of the desktop (3 more) and put as many toolbars
on each as you want/have room for.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

MJP

"Stuart Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
> use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
> longer works.
>
> What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
> desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
> files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
> simple which I like.
>
> Any suggestions please?

Create a folder, put the shortcuts you want in your toolbar in it.

Right click in the tasbar, select Toolbars, new toolbar, point it at the
folder you created previously.

Drag the resultant toolbar to the top the top of the screen and modify to
suit your needs.

MJP

Jim Byrd

Hi Stuart - This is the best replacement for the MS Shortcut Bar from Office
2000 (which would be my first recommendation if you have O2K available):

http://freebar.sourceforge.net/en/

--
Regards, Jim Byrd,
My Blog, Defending Your Machine,

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Stuart Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Stuart Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am looking for a toolbar launcher program for Windows XP. I used to
>use an old version of Powerdesk but following a re-install it no
>longer works.
>
>What I have in mind is a toolbar dockable at the top or bottom of the
>desktop on which I can put shortcut icons to launch programs and
>files. I have looked at many progs but not yet found one which is
>simple which I like.
>
>Any suggestions please?

PowerPro what I use http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
you can really do anything with this program. Very small foot print
and hassle free. And you can have your toolbars anywhere, even hidden
until your mouse touches the edge of the screen,

Or "the other one"
Autoit a few people like it very much, I haven't really used it.
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

--

bubble wrap.
http://public.aregner.com/bubblewrap.swf