Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > PDA

=?Utf-8?B?bXVsdGltZXRlcg==?=

Hi all, I have just purchased a new PDA(windows mobile5) and it is wifi
enabled. Is it possible to make a direct connection (P2P) with another
device. I have a laptop running XP pro with a wifi card. all I want to do is
share a folder for both devices to access. Is this possible without using a
router.
I have played arround with it and the pda "see's" the wifi signal from the
laptop but I cant see any files etc
any help on this would be great

thanks

Sooner Al [MVP]

See this article for help. Modify as needed for the WM5 OS...Make sure you
have shares enabled on the laptop and that the XP SP2 Windows Firewall is
configured to allow File & Print Sharing access on the laptops wireless
interface.

http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

Please post PocketPC wireless questions to the
microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless news group.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

"multimeter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, I have just purchased a new PDA(windows mobile5) and it is wifi
> enabled. Is it possible to make a direct connection (P2P) with another
> device. I have a laptop running XP pro with a wifi card. all I want to do
> is
> share a folder for both devices to access. Is this possible without using
> router.
> I have played arround with it and the pda "see's" the wifi signal from the
> laptop but I cant see any files etc
> any help on this would be great
>
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?bXVsdGltZXRlcg==?=

thanks Al, sorry I have posted this in the wrong place but thanks for your help
multimeter