Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > How to empty the recv buffer without recv() ?

How to empty the recv buffer without recv() ?

deepak nayak

hi,
We have Primary / Secondary Client / Server architecture. The
server is supposed to receive data from Primary client but ignore the
Secondary Client data. I have to somehow ignore the Secondary Client's
data without wasting time on the recv() from Secondary Client.

Can anyone suggest how i go about achieving it ?

Thanks in advance,
Deepak Nayak

=?UTF-8?B?RXJpayBXaWtzdHLDtm0=?=

On 2007-10-24 11:31, deepak nayak wrote:
> hi,
> We have Primary / Secondary Client / Server architecture. The
> server is supposed to receive data from Primary client but ignore the
> Secondary Client data. I have to somehow ignore the Secondary Client's
> data without wasting time on the recv() from Secondary Client.

There is no recv() or similar in standard C++, you will have to ask your
question in a forum discussing whatever libraries you are using to send
and receive data.

--
Erik Wikstr├Âm

deepak nayak

Can u suggest any such forum or group for the same ?

Thanks,
deepak

On 2007-10-25 10:00, deepak nayak wrote:
> Erik Wikstr├Âm wrote:
>> On 2007-10-24 11:31, deepak nayak wrote:
>> > hi,
>> > We have Primary / Secondary Client / Server architecture. The
>> > server is supposed to receive data from Primary client but ignore the
>> > Secondary Client data. I have to somehow ignore the Secondary Client's
>> > data without wasting time on the recv() from Secondary Client.

>> There is no recv() or similar in standard C++, you will have to ask your
>> question in a forum discussing whatever libraries you are using to send
>> and receive data.

Please do not top-post, and do not quote signatures.

> Can u suggest any such forum or group for the same ?

Sorry, but no. I do not even know what library or platform you are
using. If you are doing Windows programming then a win32 group might
help, if you are under Unix/Linux then a unix programming groups might help.

--
Erik Wikstr├Âm