Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Critique please, devallenger.co.nz

Critique please, devallenger.co.nz

Nik Coughlin

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>
>> http://devallenger.co.nz/

> Very nice - except I don't have Garamond on my pc, so I see my generic
> serif font, which doesn't look like you put any thought in the style
> of the main content. I have no idea what Garamond would look like on
> the page, but I'd suggest using a few more serif fonts as fall-back
> between Garamond and generic serif, to make sure it looks like the
> font was a conscious choice for the design.(my personal choice would
> be Georgia )

Good point. It was worse before, I made a typo and the fall-back was
sans-serif instead of serif; I am so used to using sans-serif on my pages
that I typed it without thinking.

Cheers

AGw. (Usenet)

On Oct 24, 11:29 pm, "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "AGw. (Usenet)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> > On Oct 24, 3:18 am, "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > http://devallenger.co.nz/

> > When I load the "Personal Image" page in Firefox I get an intermittent
> > problem with the diverseConsulting.png image: sometimes the text flows
> > round it, and sometimes the text treats it as background and creates a
> > confusing mess.

> You mean, for a short time while the page loads? Or does it "stick" like
> that?

When I looked at it before, it was staying wrong until I refreshed the
page; I didn't check to see if resizing shifted it. Just now when I
tried it I got the same problem but it corrected itself when the page
finished loading. And now I can't reproduce the problem at all!

> > "Landscape design" is hardly part of "interior design"! I'd also lose
> > the photo with the bright red toilet; it'll appeal to some but make
> > others think your client has absolutely no sense of taste!

> I will mention those points to her, thank you. I personally think that the
> copy and photos need work but that's not my job (thankfully!) and she is in
> the process of reviewing the content at the moment.

I figured that they'll either understand that some spit and polish is
needed, or they won't; as you say, it's down to them.

Incidentally, if you're intending on publicising the site without the
"www." then you shouldn't really have it in the site's graphic.
Inconsistency can look unprofessional because it implies lack of
attention to detail. I'm probably just one of the 0.01% of people
who'd notice, though!

--
AGw.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:ffma20$sgi$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> http://devallenger.co.nz/
>
> Thanks!

Really nice except for one thing - the color chosen for #mainnavigation li
a is a bit dark and was hardly noticable for me against the black
background. That may be because my monitor tends to be dark, but if it's
happening for me, it might be happening for others.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Critique Request: CheckBoxColumn Fao, Sean ASP .Net 0 02-15-2006 05:09 PM
Pls critique Ike Java 1 10-01-2003 04:47 PM
Critique request: x01 Andrew Cameron HTML 53 09-17-2003 08:56 PM
critique request Cynthia Turcotte HTML 7 09-13-2003 07:33 PM
comp critique nkiru HTML 2 08-05-2003 07:44 AM

Advertisments