Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Conflicting Indicators about Network to which I'm connected

Conflicting Indicators about Network to which I'm connected

=?Utf-8?B?c3Rhcmxpbmc=?=

The wireless networks icon on my toolbar indicates that I'm connected to a
network (my wireless network, which is funneled through a wireless router)
that does not show up on my Available Wireless Network list. What's going on?

Also, how do I find my IP address?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

just because they don't show up in the list, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Access points and wireless routers most of the time have the option NOT to
transmit the SSID