Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > are poor people the only ones who have their own web servers?

are poor people the only ones who have their own web servers?

David

i bought a domain from aplus.net (****-godaddy.com; can't say i was
surprised that i couldn't register it through godaddy..). anyway,
then i started getting emails from Sam Rooney <(E-Mail Removed)> trying
to sell me a hosting package. i run my own server, and kept telling
him i didn't need the service. then he decided to say this:

People with high incomes can afford paying for a dedicated server.
Their time is precious and they do not get their hands dirty for doing
something manually. People with low incomes can not afford paying for
a server, and that is why they think of various excuses to justify
hosting a website at home.
If you have money, you will purchase a dedicated server.

i'm posting this all over the place on web design and server admin
groups. feel free to tell Mr. Rooney that money doesn't equate to
needing a third-party to host a website.

theneonlobster

SAZ

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> i bought a domain from aplus.net (****-godaddy.com; can't say i was
> surprised that i couldn't register it through godaddy..). anyway,
> then i started getting emails from Sam Rooney <(E-Mail Removed)> trying
> to sell me a hosting package. i run my own server, and kept telling
> him i didn't need the service. then he decided to say this:
>
> People with high incomes can afford paying for a dedicated server.
> Their time is precious and they do not get their hands dirty for doing
> something manually. People with low incomes can not afford paying for
> a server, and that is why they think of various excuses to justify
> hosting a website at home.
> If you have money, you will purchase a dedicated server.
>
> i'm posting this all over the place on web design and server admin
> groups. feel free to tell Mr. Rooney that money doesn't equate to
> needing a third-party to host a website.
>
> theneonlobster

I don't think I understand the purpose of this posting. Don't you have
anything better to do than post in multiple groups?

If Mr. Rooney insulted you, then leave - don't expect us to do your
dirty work.

Blinky the Shark

SAZ wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...

[babble]

> I don't think I understand the purpose of this posting. Don't you have
> anything better to do than post in multiple groups?

Just keeping his Google Groper "skills" practiced up.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:51:08 GMT
David scribed:

> i bought a domain from aplus.net (****-godaddy.com; can't say i was
> surprised that i couldn't register it through godaddy..). anyway,
> then i started getting emails from Sam Rooney <(E-Mail Removed)> trying
> to sell me a hosting package. i run my own server, and kept telling
> him i didn't need the service. then he decided to say this:
>
> People with high incomes can afford paying for a dedicated server.
> Their time is precious and they do not get their hands dirty for doing
> something manually. People with low incomes can not afford paying for
> a server, and that is why they think of various excuses to justify
> hosting a website at home.
> If you have money, you will purchase a dedicated server.
>
> i'm posting this all over the place on web design and server admin
> groups. feel free to tell Mr. Rooney that money doesn't equate to
> needing a third-party to host a website.

I really can't understand why you find that so offensive. It may not have
been the most deft of comments but it was hardly a falsehood or obfuscation
of the world-class sort one might expect from Gates or Bush.

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the nose of life.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:51:08 GMT
> David scribed:
>
>> i bought a domain from aplus.net (****-godaddy.com; can't say i was
>> surprised that i couldn't register it through godaddy..). anyway,
>> then i started getting emails from Sam Rooney <(E-Mail Removed)> trying
>> to sell me a hosting package. i run my own server, and kept telling
>> him i didn't need the service. then he decided to say this:
>>
>> People with high incomes can afford paying for a dedicated server.
>> Their time is precious and they do not get their hands dirty for doing
>> something manually. People with low incomes can not afford paying for
>> a server, and that is why they think of various excuses to justify
>> hosting a website at home.
>> If you have money, you will purchase a dedicated server.
>>
>> i'm posting this all over the place on web design and server admin
>> groups. feel free to tell Mr. Rooney that money doesn't equate to
>> needing a third-party to host a website.

> I really can't understand why you find that so offensive.

He's poor.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:46:39
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>>> i'm posting this all over the place on web design and server admin
>>> groups. feel free to tell Mr. Rooney that money doesn't equate to
>>> needing a third-party to host a website.

>> I really can't understand why you find that so offensive.

> He's poor.

He's poor? Well so am I, and you don't hear me going around crying like a,
a..., uh..., er... Um, I guess you do at that.

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:46:39
> GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>>> I really can't understand why you find that so offensive.

>> He's poor.

> He's poor? Well so am I, and you don't hear me going around crying like a,
> a..., uh..., er... Um, I guess you do at that.

Well, I can't figure out any other reason he'd get a stick up his ass
about that.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:15:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>>> He's poor.

>> He's poor? Well so am I, and you don't hear me going around crying
>> like a, a..., uh..., er... Um, I guess you do at that.

> Well, I can't figure out any other reason he'd get a stick up his ass
> about that.

Now I'm hungry. Your comment reminded me of shish-kabob.

Anyway, I guess we all whine a little now 'n agin. At least us guys come
off a lot better than broads who are incessantly moaning about something or
t'other. I subscribe to the old adage "Women should be seen and not
heard". Of course you might not have the same problem since women fish
probably can't do much more than gurgle or cavitate.

--

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:15:23
> GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>>> He's poor? Well so am I, and you don't hear me going around crying
>>> like a, a..., uh..., er... Um, I guess you do at that.

>> Well, I can't figure out any other reason he'd get a stick up his ass
>> about that.

> Now I'm hungry. Your comment reminded me of shish-kabob.
>
> Anyway, I guess we all whine a little now 'n agin. At least us guys come
> off a lot better than broads who are incessantly moaning about something or
> t'other. I subscribe to the old adage "Women should be seen and not
> heard". Of course you might not have the same problem since women fish
> probably can't do much more than gurgle or cavitate.

We consider that the result of /more/ evolution.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:33:53
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>> Anyway, I guess we all whine a little now 'n agin. At least us guys
>> come off a lot better than broads who are incessantly moaning about
>> something or t'other. I subscribe to the old adage "Women should be
>> seen and not heard". Of course you might not have the same problem
>> since women fish probably can't do much more than gurgle or cavitate.

> We consider that the result of /more/ evolution.

Oh, I quite agree. Anything that gets a blithering woman to shut up is
progress. Perhaps in the future of terrestial civilization, the judicial
branches of the more progressive governments will impliment "gag orders" to
repeat offenders in a more literal manner than is currently the case...

Yeah, I know. Dream on...