Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: How to break out of an emacs lisp loop ?

Re: How to break out of an emacs lisp loop ?

thermate@india.com

On Oct 23, 11:29 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (while (not (forward-char))
> (if (looking-at "a") break )
>
> When I run this sexp, I get error at break. So break is wrong syntax.
> But this is the way many C loops are written.
>
> while ((c=(getchar()) != EOF){ if (c=='a') break; }

Here is a one/two liner that exactly does what you want with the same
functions that you have and without any break and is actually readable
like an english sentence

(while (not (looking-at "a" ))
(forward-char))

=============

Watch and spread the link of the movie below. The 911 truthers
confront the VILE and EVIL RABID NEOCON ZIONIST Bastard
Norman Podhoretz at Barnes & Noble.

NYC Confronts Norman Podhoretz!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBzLTjVMhY

from the great site
911blogger.com <--------------------------
http://www.voxfux.com/features/bush_...p/franklin.htm
<-----
http://counterpunch.org/neumann04142007.html
http://counterpunch.org/ross04182007.html
www.911truth.org
www.st911.org
www.counterpunch.org
www.countercurrents.org
www.nkusa.org
www.911blogger.org
www.mujca.org
http://home.att.net/~south.tower/911...Satellite1.htm
Loose Change
Terror Storm
Alex Jones - www.infowars.com, www.prisonplanet.org
The Bohemian Grove
The arrest of Alex Jones by bush
Republican Pedophilia - a distinguished record
Monica Lewdinsky aka Bill Clintone
Neocons, Scooter, Judith Miller, Thomas Friedman, Charles Krauthmer,
Edward Bernays
Benjamin Friedman speech
Holocaust Victims Accuse the Zionists
Moshe Katsa and his rapes
Yank Bastards and their 911 HEINOUS CRIME