Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless network connection

wireless network connection

=?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmVsbA==?=

Hi.
I hope someone can help me.
I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
and my daughters laptop.
Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
can anyone help resolve this issue?

Many Thanks.
zoom

__spc__

"dumbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
> I hope someone can help me.
> I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
> and my daughters laptop.
> Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
> thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
> can anyone help resolve this issue?
>
> Many Thanks.
> zoom

How do you "...connect the laptop to the network"? Do you have a WiFi
router or Access point somewhere? Why are you connecting the laptop and
desktop together if there is a network available?

=?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmVsbA==?=

I'm using a Belkin Wireless G USB Adapter (54Mbps) on the laptop,and a Thompson
576 Speedtouch router (WiFi) certified.

"__spc__" wrote:

> "dumbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi.
> > I hope someone can help me.
> > I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
> > and my daughters laptop.
> > Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
> > thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
> > can anyone help resolve this issue?
> >
> > Many Thanks.
> > zoom

> How do you "...connect the laptop to the network"? Do you have a WiFi
> router or Access point somewhere? Why are you connecting the laptop and
> desktop together if there is a network available?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

Its not being assigned an ip address. Make sure dhcp is enabled on the router
and the wep key or such is the same on all computers correlating to the router

"dumbell" wrote:

> Hi.
> I hope someone can help me.
> I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
> and my daughters laptop.
> Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
> thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
> can anyone help resolve this issue?
>
> Many Thanks.
> zoom

=?Utf-8?B?Q1A=?=

How do I find the WEP key? My lattop was connecting just fine. Suddently it
asks for a "WEP key" and I can't find it anywhere. Is there any way I can
solve this quickly without doing the usual five-hour dance with all things
Microsoft? I've got to leave on a trip early in the morning and have a
million things to do. Want to transfer some files from the desktop to the
laptop.

"John" wrote:

> Its not being assigned an ip address. Make sure dhcp is enabled on the router
> and the wep key or such is the same on all computers correlating to the router
>

> "dumbell" wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > I hope someone can help me.
> > I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
> > and my daughters laptop.
> > Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
> > thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
> > can anyone help resolve this issue?
> >
> > Many Thanks.
> > zoom

__spc__

"CP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I find the WEP key? My lattop was connecting just fine. Suddently
> it
> asks for a "WEP key" and I can't find it anywhere. Is there any way I can
> solve this quickly without doing the usual five-hour dance with all things
> Microsoft? I've got to leave on a trip early in the morning and have a
> million things to do. Want to transfer some files from the desktop to the
> laptop.
>

> "John" wrote:
>
>> Its not being assigned an ip address. Make sure dhcp is enabled on the
>> router
>> and the wep key or such is the same on all computers correlating to the
>> router
>>

>> "dumbell" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi.
>> > I hope someone can help me.
>> > I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
>> > and my daughters laptop.
>> > Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
>> > thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
>> > can anyone help resolve this issue?
>> >
>> > Many Thanks.
>> > zoom

Enter the router admin pages (on my Linksys 192.168.1.1) and go to WiFi
security tab (or similarly named) - the WEEP key shuld be there.

BTW - stop using WEP and use WPA-PSK if you can.