Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Worker process

Worker process

Bhuwan Bhaskar

Hi,

Can anyone explain me about what is a worker process in ASP.net.

Thanks and Regards,
Bhuwan

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Can anyone explain me about what is a worker process in ASP.net.

A web server worker process is a Windows process used to run IIS applications.
ASP.NET applications can be run by a worker process.

Depending on how IIS is configured, there can be multiple worker processes
running which are serving different Web applications concurrently.

This design separates applications by process boundaries, and it helps achieve maximum Web server reliability,
i.e., it isolates apps so that if an app fails, the rest of the applications running on the server continue to work.

In IIS 6.0, the worker processes (W3wp.exe) call HTTP.sys
for processing/sending requests and receiving responses over the Web.

Here's some articles for you to read more about worker processes:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/aspwp.asp

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...80(VS.80).aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Bhuwan Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone explain me about what is a worker process in ASP.net.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Bhuwan

Bhuwan Bhaskar

Thanks Juan !!!

Bhuwan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
> !> Can anyone explain me about what is a worker process in ASP.net.
>
> A web server worker process is a Windows process used to run IIS
> applications.
> ASP.NET applications can be run by a worker process.
>
> Depending on how IIS is configured, there can be multiple worker processes
> running which are serving different Web applications concurrently.
>
> This design separates applications by process boundaries, and it helps
> achieve maximum Web server reliability,
> i.e., it isolates apps so that if an app fails, the rest of the
> applications running on the server continue to work.
>
> In IIS 6.0, the worker processes (W3wp.exe) call HTTP.sys
> for processing/sending requests and receiving responses over the Web.
>
> Here's some articles for you to read more about worker processes:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/aspwp.asp
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...80(VS.80).aspx

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "Bhuwan Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone explain me about what is a worker process in ASP.net.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Bhuwan

How to get process id of hosting ASP.NET worker process ? Navin Mishra ASP .Net Web Services 0 02-07-2006 08:40 PM
IIS worker process is killed when I run my asp.net app Ray5531 ASP .Net 1 06-21-2005 07:01 AM
I can map all files (.*) to asp.net worker.How do I map NO FILE to asp.net worker? alex ASP .Net 1 02-04-2005 03:18 AM
Worker process Purvi T ASP .Net 2 09-25-2004 05:01 AM
Use of Proactive Process Recycling for worker process Henry Chen ASP .Net 0 06-10-2004 05:56 AM

Advertisments