Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: Opera, missing Emulate Text Browser?

OT: Opera, missing Emulate Text Browser?

Nik Coughlin

I've just installed Opera 9.24 in Vista, and when I click View->Style
"Emulate Text Browser" is missing. Really annoying because I use this a
lot.

Any ideas?

cwdjrxyz

On Oct 23, 1:19 am, "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've just installed Opera 9.24 in Vista, and when I click View->Style
> "Emulate Text Browser" is missing. Really annoying because I use this a
> lot.
>
> Any ideas?

I'm am on XP. I had Opera 9.23. I checked and there was an update to
9.24, which I took. After installing, "About" confirmed that I am now
using 9.24. However if You go to View > Style, "Emulate Text Browser"
is still on the list, and the check box for it is working.

I do not know if your problem is some fluke, in which case
reinstalling might clear the problem up. On the other hand it might
have something to do with Vista. If you go to the Opera site and check
their forum, you might be able to find out if your problem is being
had by others who use Vista. Some of the Opera employees sometimes
post, and they often can give some good information about strange
issues such as the one you have.

Nik Coughlin

"cwdjrxyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Oct 23, 1:19 am, "Nik Coughlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I've just installed Opera 9.24 in Vista, and when I click View->Style
>> "Emulate Text Browser" is missing. Really annoying because I use this a
>> lot.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> I'm am on XP. I had Opera 9.23. I checked and there was an update to
> 9.24, which I took. After installing, "About" confirmed that I am now
> using 9.24. However if You go to View > Style, "Emulate Text Browser"
> is still on the list, and the check box for it is working.
>
> I do not know if your problem is some fluke, in which case
> reinstalling might clear the problem up. On the other hand it might
> have something to do with Vista. If you go to the Opera site and check
> their forum, you might be able to find out if your problem is being
> had by others who use Vista. Some of the Opera employees sometimes
> post, and they often can give some good information about strange
> issues such as the one you have.

I took your advice and posted.

The reason that it is missing on my install is that it is a fresh install;
they dropped all of the "novelty" stylesheets in Opera 9. However, if you
upgraded from an earlier version then they are still present on your hard
disk.

I just copied it over from my Windows XP machine, which has been running
Opera fairly much forever.

I attached the textonly.css stylesheet to my post on the Opera forums in
case anyone else needs it:
http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=210058

emulate dial-up connections. mpriem MCSE 6 01-07-2006 07:59 AM
Can ASP.NET emulate a Telnet host? Forty Two ASP .Net 2 12-25-2004 01:24 AM
How to emulate Word mail merge in HTML? VB Programmer ASP .Net 2 05-20-2004 04:32 PM
Emulate PIX Firewall shaulbe Cisco 19 04-15-2004 06:54 PM
Re: emulate Win. app lookup in ASP.NET Alvin Bruney [MVP] ASP .Net 5 02-16-2004 10:11 PM

Advertisments