Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams

MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams

=?Utf-8?B?RmFyc2Vlcg==?=

OK. Beta exams, if passed, definately DO count towards your certification!

You do not receive a pass/fail at the end of the exam like you do with a
live exam. Instead, you will receive a pass/fail and a score report somewhere
between 8 and 12 weeks after you sit the exam. Microsoft say that you are
meant to get your results before the exam goes live but this is not always
the case.

Late last year I sat for many of the SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio/.Net
2 Beta exams and am still yet to receive any of my results, although many of
my colleagues have. Those I know who have passed any of these beta exams get
the results on their MCP transcript and are also awarded the relevant
certification status.

Each individual is permitted to sit any one beta exam only once during the
beta period. Sitting a beta exam does not effect how many time you can sit
that same exam when it goes live.

Hope that all helps

Marcus Claxton (MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, MCDBA)

"Dilshan" wrote:

> I'm faced with a situation very similar to Chamith's, I think.
>
> I currently am a MCSD for .NET; with the new generation of certification, my
> plan is to do 71-547, 71-548, 71-553, 71-554 and have registered with VUE
> for the same.
>
> I checked up from a VUE center, which says:
> * the results (pass/fail) aren't given.
> * that the results of the beta exams do *not* count towards the final
> certification.
> * that candidates cannot repeat exams in case of failure, during the beta
> period.
>
> Hence, I'd like to clarify (hopefully with some authoritative input from
> Sondra Webber or someone else from Microsoft) whether:
> 1) if I pass the beta exams mentioned above, during the beta period (upto
> 12th March, 2006) - will I have the MCPD certification?
> if not - I saw some mention of the beta exams counting towards the
> certification, and would like to know in what way?
> 2) I will get detailed results after the exam - so I can know if I have
> passed/failed?
> 3) in case of failing an exam, can I repeat it during the beta period?
>
> Hope someone can help clear this up for me...
>
> TIA,
>
> Yours confusedly,
>
> Chris

Dilshan

Thanks - i think that clarifies what i wanted to know.

Hope you receive your results & certificates soon!

Regards,

Dilshan

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9oYW4gQW5kZXJzc29u?=

"Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation" wrote:
> You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect your
> ability to take the exam later when it is Live.

In another post you told that one may retake the exam only when the live
version is released. So what is it; is it possible to retake the beta exam
during the beta period as many times you need or do you have to wait for the
live version for a retake?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Johan Andersson

Gorm Braarvig

"Johan Andersson" <Johan http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation" wrote:
>> You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect
>> your
>> ability to take the exam later when it is Live.

> In another post you told that one may retake the exam only when the live
> version is released. So what is it; is it possible to retake the beta exam
> during the beta period as many times you need or do you have to wait for
> the
> live version for a retake?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Johan Andersson

Greetings

- The results of your (first) beta-exam will be determined after the exam is
released
- You can't retake an exam you have passed
- The exams are not available as beta once they are released

If I am not misinformed, it is logically challenging to retake a beta-exam

Vishal R Joshi [MSFT]

Check out the post on my blog at
http://vishaljoshi.blogspot.com/2005...eta-exams.html

I think it will answer a lot of the questions here...
Vishal R Joshi
Product Planner - Technical |Developer/Database Certifications, Microsoft.
http://www.vishaljoshi.blogspot.com/
PS: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.

"Gorm Braarvig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Johan Andersson" <Johan (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation" wrote:
>>> You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect
>>> your
>>> ability to take the exam later when it is Live.

>> In another post you told that one may retake the exam only when the live
>> version is released. So what is it; is it possible to retake the beta
>> exam
>> during the beta period as many times you need or do you have to wait for
>> the
>> live version for a retake?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Johan Andersson

> Greetings
>
> - The results of your (first) beta-exam will be determined after the exam
> is released
> - You can't retake an exam you have passed
> - The exams are not available as beta once they are released
>
> If I am not misinformed, it is logically challenging to retake a beta-exam

I'm a MCSD . Can I take upgrade exams for MCPD? =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= Microsoft Certification 2 03-19-2007 08:43 PM
If I do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD will I lose MCSD? Msft Certified MCSD 4 07-09-2006 10:50 PM
Upgrade MCSD.Net to MCPD Buddy Home MCSD 2 05-02-2006 12:31 AM
MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams Chamith MCSD 15 02-27-2006 09:59 PM
Exam Preparation Group, Material wanted for the MCAD --> MCPD Upgrade exams chrish MCAD 0 01-14-2006 07:25 PM

Advertisments