Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams

MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams

Chamith

Hi Everyone,
I'm a MCSD for Microsoft.NET. Planning to take upgrade exams for MCPD
(71-553, 71-554). I would like to know how many times can a candidate
attempt one beta exam during the beta-period (for Free).
One more query..
Can a MCSD qualified person do the free upgrade beta-exam (70-552) which is
intended for MCADs ?. And then do the 2 MCPD upgrades intended for MCSDs.
Thanks,
Chamith ((E-Mail Removed))

=?Utf-8?B?U29uZHJhIFdlYmJlciwgTWljcm9zb2Z0IENvcnBvcmF0aW9u?=

Hi Chamith,

You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect your
ability to take the exam later when it is Live. You can also take the MCAD
exams (551 and 552) and use them to obtain an MCPD, as well as taking the
MCSD exams. We are not restricting access to the Beta exams, as our main
goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions and create excellent
Live exams for the developer community.

Best wishes,
Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

"Chamith" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I'm a MCSD for Microsoft.NET. Planning to take upgrade exams for MCPD
> (71-553, 71-554). I would like to know how many times can a candidate
> attempt one beta exam during the beta-period (for Free).
> One more query..
> Can a MCSD qualified person do the free upgrade beta-exam (70-552) which is
> intended for MCADs ?. And then do the 2 MCPD upgrades intended for MCSDs.
> Thanks,
> Chamith ((E-Mail Removed))

Chamith

Thanks for the Info..
Since i'm a MCSD, you mean i can take all four exams (551,552,553 & 554) ?
And any paper can be attempted more than once during the beta period?
Can you let me know what the shortest path is to get MCPD qualifications for
all Windows, Web and Enterprise Developer?
Do i have to do all 4 exams?
Thanks,
Chamith

"Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
<(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Chamith,
>
> You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect
> your
> ability to take the exam later when it is Live. You can also take the
> MCAD
> exams (551 and 552) and use them to obtain an MCPD, as well as taking the
> MCSD exams. We are not restricting access to the Beta exams, as our main
> goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions and create
> excellent
> Live exams for the developer community.
>
> Best wishes,
> Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation
>
> "Chamith" wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I'm a MCSD for Microsoft.NET. Planning to take upgrade exams for MCPD
>> (71-553, 71-554). I would like to know how many times can a candidate
>> attempt one beta exam during the beta-period (for Free).
>> One more query..
>> Can a MCSD qualified person do the free upgrade beta-exam (70-552) which
>> is
>> intended for MCADs ?. And then do the 2 MCPD upgrades intended for MCSDs.
>> Thanks,
>> Chamith ((E-Mail Removed))

WSUS

> You can retake the Betas during the Beta period
From what I've heard, everyone can only take each beta once. You can take
other betas, but not the same one twice. Has it changed?

If someone can take the betas 4 times, the first 3 times he just try to
memorize the questions, he can make his own braindump for the 4th trial...
may be he can also share them with others. Of cource, he can also do that
in live exams, but the number of Qs is smaller then that found in betas. I
think this will not create any excellent live exam for the developer
community. This will just destory the MCPD credentials earlier.

> We are not restricting access to the Beta exams

If so, you should send the reg code to all the test centers, they will be
happy to advertise the beta exams for you. They will ask everyone to take
the exam at their test centers, and they may have recording
hardware/software ready for it. No, I don't trust ANY test center.

> our main goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions

15 min comment period is not enough.

<Sondra Webber>; "Microsoft Corporation"
<(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com>
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi Chamith,
>
> You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect

your
> ability to take the exam later when it is Live. You can also take the

MCAD
> exams (551 and 552) and use them to obtain an MCPD, as well as taking the
> MCSD exams. We are not restricting access to the Beta exams, as our main
> goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions and create

excellent
> Live exams for the developer community.
>
> Best wishes,
> Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation
>
> "Chamith" wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> > I'm a MCSD for Microsoft.NET. Planning to take upgrade exams for MCPD
> > (71-553, 71-554). I would like to know how many times can a candidate
> > attempt one beta exam during the beta-period (for Free).
> > One more query..
> > Can a MCSD qualified person do the free upgrade beta-exam (70-552) which

is
> > intended for MCADs ?. And then do the 2 MCPD upgrades intended for

MCSDs.
> > Thanks,
> > Chamith ((E-Mail Removed))

=?Utf-8?B?U29uZHJhIFdlYmJlciwgTWljcm9zb2Z0IENvcnBvcmF0aW9u?=

Hi Chamith,

You can take all of the exams listed below as an MCSD. The shortest path to
obtain all of the credentials would be to take 553 and 554, and then 547 and
548. While it's still four exams, 547 and 548 will be shorter exams than 551
ansd 552. You will have already covered the material from all of the MCTS
topic areas in 553 and 554, so there is no need to cover it again in 551 and
552.

Sondra Webber

"Chamith" wrote:

> Thanks for the Info..
> Since i'm a MCSD, you mean i can take all four exams (551,552,553 & 554) ?
> And any paper can be attempted more than once during the beta period?
> Can you let me know what the shortest path is to get MCPD qualifications for
> all Windows, Web and Enterprise Developer?
> Do i have to do all 4 exams?
> Thanks,
> Chamith
>
> "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
> <(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Chamith,
> >
> > You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect
> > your
> > ability to take the exam later when it is Live. You can also take the
> > MCAD
> > exams (551 and 552) and use them to obtain an MCPD, as well as taking the
> > MCSD exams. We are not restricting access to the Beta exams, as our main
> > goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions and create
> > excellent
> > Live exams for the developer community.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation
> >
> > "Chamith" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >> I'm a MCSD for Microsoft.NET. Planning to take upgrade exams for MCPD
> >> (71-553, 71-554). I would like to know how many times can a candidate
> >> attempt one beta exam during the beta-period (for Free).
> >> One more query..
> >> Can a MCSD qualified person do the free upgrade beta-exam (70-552) which
> >> is
> >> intended for MCADs ?. And then do the 2 MCPD upgrades intended for MCSDs.
> >> Thanks,
> >> Chamith ((E-Mail Removed))

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuZXN0bw==?=

Hi

I'm confused, I've read http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/entapp/ ,
so I believed that a MCSD.NET only needed to take the 553 and 554 exams in
order to be a MCPD, I'm not sure if it is completly necesary to take the 547
and 548.

Best Regards
Ernesto
MCSD.NET

"Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation" wrote:

> Hi Chamith,
>
> You can take all of the exams listed below as an MCSD. The shortest path to
> obtain all of the credentials would be to take 553 and 554, and then 547 and
> 548.

Chamith

Hi Sondra,
Thanks you verymuch for the information.
Today I contacted a contact person at a MS exam center in our city. Her view
on the Bera Exams was as follows,
1) Can not be repeated during the Beta Period.
2) We dont get the results whether passed or failed in the result sheet.
Please be kind enough to get me on these questions.

Thanks,
Chamith
"Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
<(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Chamith,
>
> You can take all of the exams listed below as an MCSD. The shortest path
> obtain all of the credentials would be to take 553 and 554, and then 547
> and
> 548. While it's still four exams, 547 and 548 will be shorter exams than
> 551
> ansd 552. You will have already covered the material from all of the MCTS
> topic areas in 553 and 554, so there is no need to cover it again in 551
> and
> 552.
>
> Sondra Webber
>
> "Chamith" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the Info..
>> Since i'm a MCSD, you mean i can take all four exams (551,552,553 & 554)
>> ?
>> And any paper can be attempted more than once during the beta period?
>> Can you let me know what the shortest path is to get MCPD qualifications
>> for
>> all Windows, Web and Enterprise Developer?
>> Do i have to do all 4 exams?
>> Thanks,
>> Chamith
>>
>> "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
>> <(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi Chamith,
>> >
>> > You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect
>> > your
>> > ability to take the exam later when it is Live. You can also take the
>> > MCAD
>> > exams (551 and 552) and use them to obtain an MCPD, as well as taking
>> > the
>> > MCSD exams. We are not restricting access to the Beta exams, as our
>> > main
>> > goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions and create
>> > excellent
>> > Live exams for the developer community.
>> >
>> > Best wishes,
>> > Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

Chamith

Addendum..
She also called us and informed that they contacted VUE & they've been told
that the results will not be counted towards any certification saying that
those are just to evaluate the new exam papers.
Im confused

"Chamith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Sondra,
> Thanks you verymuch for the information.
> Today I contacted a contact person at a MS exam center in our city. Her
> view on the Bera Exams was as follows,
> 1) Can not be repeated during the Beta Period.
> 2) We dont get the results whether passed or failed in the result sheet.
> Please be kind enough to get me on these questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Chamith
> "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
> <(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Chamith,
>>
>> You can take all of the exams listed below as an MCSD. The shortest path
>> obtain all of the credentials would be to take 553 and 554, and then 547
>> and
>> 548. While it's still four exams, 547 and 548 will be shorter exams than
>> 551
>> ansd 552. You will have already covered the material from all of the
>> MCTS
>> topic areas in 553 and 554, so there is no need to cover it again in 551
>> and
>> 552.
>>
>> Sondra Webber
>>
>> "Chamith" wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the Info..
>>> Since i'm a MCSD, you mean i can take all four exams (551,552,553 & 554)
>>> ?
>>> And any paper can be attempted more than once during the beta period?
>>> Can you let me know what the shortest path is to get MCPD qualifications
>>> for
>>> all Windows, Web and Enterprise Developer?
>>> Do i have to do all 4 exams?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chamith
>>>
>>> "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

WSUS

The result will be counted if you pass.

Beta exams from some other software vendors are not counted, and some of
those software vendors allow beta testers do the test open book at home.
However, that's not the same for MS beta exams. If you heard others said
MS betas are open book, they are cheaters who just want to find a more
beautiful reason to cheat themselves.

You may heard:
"That guy passed the exams in beta? Impossible!!!" ... "He must be a
cheater. He must do it open book!" ... "Or, he must have hired someone else
to take the test for him." ... "He cheats, so we should cheat too! " ...
"Let us do the exams together with all books opened at our CHEATING center!"

The fact:
MS beta exams are just the same as their live exams, except that you need to
answer 1.8x number of Qs in 1.4x the length of time.

"Chamith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Addendum..
> She also called us and informed that they contacted VUE & they've been

told
> that the results will not be counted towards any certification saying that
> those are just to evaluate the new exam papers.
> Im confused
>

> "Chamith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Sondra,
> > Thanks you verymuch for the information.
> > Today I contacted a contact person at a MS exam center in our city. Her
> > view on the Bera Exams was as follows,
> > 1) Can not be repeated during the Beta Period.
> > 2) We dont get the results whether passed or failed in the result sheet.
> > Please be kind enough to get me on these questions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chamith
> > "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"
> > <(E-Mail Removed) osoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi Chamith,
> >>
> >> You can take all of the exams listed below as an MCSD. The shortest

path
> >> obtain all of the credentials would be to take 553 and 554, and then

547
> >> and
> >> 548. While it's still four exams, 547 and 548 will be shorter exams

than
> >> 551
> >> ansd 552. You will have already covered the material from all of the
> >> MCTS
> >> topic areas in 553 and 554, so there is no need to cover it again in

551
> >> and
> >> 552.
> >>
> >> Sondra Webber

554)

qualifications

affect

the

taking

MCPD

candidate

Dilshan

I'm faced with a situation very similar to Chamith's, I think.

I currently am a MCSD for .NET; with the new generation of certification, my
plan is to do 71-547, 71-548, 71-553, 71-554 and have registered with VUE
for the same.

I checked up from a VUE center, which says:
* the results (pass/fail) aren't given.
* that the results of the beta exams do *not* count towards the final
certification.
* that candidates cannot repeat exams in case of failure, during the beta
period.

Hence, I'd like to clarify (hopefully with some authoritative input from
Sondra Webber or someone else from Microsoft) whether:
1) if I pass the beta exams mentioned above, during the beta period (upto
12th March, 2006) - will I have the MCPD certification?
if not - I saw some mention of the beta exams counting towards the
certification, and would like to know in what way?
2) I will get detailed results after the exam - so I can know if I have
passed/failed?
3) in case of failing an exam, can I repeat it during the beta period?

Hope someone can help clear this up for me...

TIA,

Yours confusedly,

Chris

I'm a MCSD . Can I take upgrade exams for MCPD? =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= Microsoft Certification 2 03-19-2007 08:43 PM
If I do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD will I lose MCSD? Msft Certified MCSD 4 07-09-2006 10:50 PM
Upgrade MCSD.Net to MCPD Buddy Home MCSD 2 05-02-2006 12:31 AM
MCPD Upgrade Beta Exams Chamith MCSD 15 02-27-2006 09:59 PM
Exam Preparation Group, Material wanted for the MCAD --> MCPD Upgrade exams chrish MCAD 0 01-14-2006 07:25 PM

Advertisments