Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > vista 64 sp1 watermark

vista 64 sp1 watermark

=?Utf-8?B?dHRyZW1ldGg=?=

Can we get rid of the Eval Copy Build 6001 down the bottom right. My copy is
a purchased one. Tried the fixes in google to no avail. (reg fix + file
replacement.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

That should not be there on the released version.
Unless you have installed something Beta such as a Service Pack.
If so, uninstall the Beta.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"ttremeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can we get rid of the Eval Copy Build 6001 down the bottom right. My
> copy is
> a purchased one. Tried the fixes in google to no avail. (reg fix +
> file
> replacement.

Tony Sperling

There was a Registry key in XP x64, so I imagine there is one for Vista as
well.

Open this *.REG file in NOTEPAD and read the contents - then manually
compare with your own to change it. (Do not execute by double-clicking!) I
don't believe it will harm any but I am not sure the keys will be compatible
across versions.

Tony. . .

"ttremeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can we get rid of the Eval Copy Build 6001 down the bottom right. My copy
> is
> a purchased one. Tried the fixes in google to no avail. (reg fix + file
> replacement.

Tony Sperling

Oh,oh - I forgot the attachment. Seing the above - I think I'll hold back
now!

Tony. . .

"Tony Sperling mail.dk>" <tony.sperling@db<REMOVE> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There was a Registry key in XP x64, so I imagine there is one for Vista as
> well.
>
> Open this *.REG file in NOTEPAD and read the contents - then manually
> compare with your own to change it. (Do not execute by double-clicking!) I
> don't believe it will harm any but I am not sure the keys will be
> compatible across versions.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "ttremeth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can we get rid of the Eval Copy Build 6001 down the bottom right. My copy
>> is
>> a purchased one. Tried the fixes in google to no avail. (reg fix + file
>> replacement.

Barb Bowman

You shouldn't be discussing a beta in this newsgroup. Suggest you
try whatever tech support forum/newsgroup is available from the
official source that released the beta to you.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Kevin John Panzke

ttremeth wrote:
> Can we get rid of the Eval Copy Build 6001 down the bottom right. My copy is
> a purchased one. Tried the fixes in google to no avail. (reg fix + file
> replacement.

You Just Violated Your NDA, Just FYI.