Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > advice for call forwarding to Asia wanted

advice for call forwarding to Asia wanted

-keevill-

I want to set up a service call centre with originating calls from UK being
routed to Asia. Initially, perhaps just 2 lines and 2 operators but later
hopefully growing in size. Can I just use one of those VOIP forwarding
companies like jetnumbers.com or do I need a more elaborate solution?
Can anyone recommend any company better than jetnumbers which I just dug up
via Google?
-keevill-

Brian A

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:26:44 +0700, "-keevill-" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I want to set up a service call centre with originating calls from UK being
>routed to Asia. Initially, perhaps just 2 lines and 2 operators but later
>hopefully growing in size. Can I just use one of those VOIP forwarding
>companies like jetnumbers.com or do I need a more elaborate solution?
>Can anyone recommend any company better than jetnumbers which I just dug up
>via Google?
>-keevill-

If you want to have a VOIP based system then you can forward calls via
Voxalot.com to any number you want and via any provider you want.

You have to remember, however, that VOIP, although generally reliable,
will not be as reliable as a landline so sometimes it might go down.
On the plus side it will be cheap to run.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

TheFug

Brian A schreef:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:26:44 +0700, "-keevill-" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> I want to set up a service call centre with originating calls from UK being
>> routed to Asia. Initially, perhaps just 2 lines and 2 operators but later
>> hopefully growing in size. Can I just use one of those VOIP forwarding
>> companies like jetnumbers.com or do I need a more elaborate solution?
>> Can anyone recommend any company better than jetnumbers which I just dug up
>> via Google?
>> -keevill-

> If you want to have a VOIP based system then you can forward calls via
> Voxalot.com to any number you want and via any provider you want.
>
> You have to remember, however, that VOIP, although generally reliable,
> will not be as reliable as a landline so sometimes it might go down.
> On the plus side it will be cheap to run.
>
> ---
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
> ---

MySIPSwitch is even cheaper and easy to use.
http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123

--
The Fug.

alexd

-keevill- wrote:

> I want to set up a service call centre with originating calls from UK
> being routed to Asia. Initially, perhaps just 2 lines and 2 operators but
> later hopefully growing in size. Can I just use one of those VOIP
> forwarding companies like jetnumbers.com or do I need a more elaborate
> solution?

You probably /can/ just do it with a forwarding service, but you will
probably find that you /want/ something a bit more elaborate so you can do
things like make 'internal' calls to your call centre in Asia, set up
queues, voices menus, etc.

10:29:26 up 4 days, 22:31, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.10
09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

-keevill-

>> I want to set up a service call centre with originating calls from UK
>> being routed to Asia. Initially, perhaps just 2 lines and 2 operators but
>> later hopefully growing in size. Can I just use one of those VOIP
>> forwarding companies like jetnumbers.com or do I need a more elaborate
>> solution?

> You probably /can/ just do it with a forwarding service, but you will
> probably find that you /want/ something a bit more elaborate so you can do
> things like make 'internal' calls to your call centre in Asia, set up
> queues, voices menus, etc.

yes that is about my assessment of the situation also.
Any ideas where to start for something 'more elaborate' ?

Brian A

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:12:51 +0700, "-keevill-" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>> I want to set up a service call centre with originating calls from UK
>>> being routed to Asia. Initially, perhaps just 2 lines and 2 operators but
>>> later hopefully growing in size. Can I just use one of those VOIP
>>> forwarding companies like jetnumbers.com or do I need a more elaborate
>>> solution?

>> You probably /can/ just do it with a forwarding service, but you will
>> probably find that you /want/ something a bit more elaborate so you can do
>> things like make 'internal' calls to your call centre in Asia, set up
>> queues, voices menus, etc.
>>

>yes that is about my assessment of the situation also.
>Any ideas where to start for something 'more elaborate' ?

PBXES?
https://www2.pbxes.com/

---