Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Thunderbird - Mailbox Full/ Duplicate Emails

Thunderbird - Mailbox Full/ Duplicate Emails

TheStoneCrusher

Hi,

My wife is using MS XP with updates and Mozilla Thunderbird as her email
client. When I look at the inbox most of the emails are double - two or
each. Additionally, when someone tries to send her an email it says 'over
quota'. I am trying to reduce the 300 email in my wife's inbox but meeting
with great resistance.

If we could solve the 'duplicates' I think the rest is simple(?)

Goodwill,
Luke

Evan Platt

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:14:04 -0400, "TheStoneCrusher"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My wife is using MS XP with updates and Mozilla Thunderbird as her email
>client. When I look at the inbox most of the emails are double - two or
>each. Additionally, when someone tries to send her an email it says 'over
>quota'. I am trying to reduce the 300 email in my wife's inbox but meeting
>with great resistance.
>
>If we could solve the 'duplicates' I think the rest is simple(?)

Look for "Leave messages on server". Unless you have a reason to have
this checked, uncheck it. Every message is being kept on your wife's
mail server, hence the mailbox is full. You may then nede to log in to
her mail providers web interface and delete the messages.

Chris Jahn

Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:14:04 -0400, "TheStoneCrusher"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>My wife is using MS XP with updates and Mozilla Thunderbird as
>>her email client. When I look at the inbox most of the emails
>>are double - two or each. Additionally, when someone tries to
>>send her an email it says 'over quota'. I am trying to reduce
>>the 300 email in my wife's inbox but meeting with great
>>resistance.
>>
>>If we could solve the 'duplicates' I think the rest is
>>simple(?)

> Look for "Leave messages on server". Unless you have a reason
> to have this checked, uncheck it. Every message is being kept
> on your wife's mail server, hence the mailbox is full. You may
> then nede to log in to her mail providers web interface and
> delete the messages.

Once you've done that, close Thunderbird and search for
"inbox.msf" - this is the index file, and when it's corrupted it
can caused messages to show more than once. Delete this file,
and re-start TB.

For more help with TB use any of the links below.

--
Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/

Even the boldest zebra fears the hungry lion.

Paige D'Winter

TheStoneCrusher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My wife is using MS XP with updates and Mozilla Thunderbird as her email
> client. When I look at the inbox most of the emails are double - two or
> each. Additionally, when someone tries to send her an email it says 'over
> quota'. I am trying to reduce the 300 email in my wife's inbox but meeting
> with great resistance.
>
> If we could solve the 'duplicates' I think the rest is simple(?)
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND DUMBASS.