Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net

AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Ferrari launched its new Formula 1 car this week. Designed and tested with AMD processors, we were there to get the lowdown on the technology collaboration straight from the IT guys themselves. We grabbed some nice pictures, too.

Quote: "First up, we quizzed Michael Schumacher. Ferrari has been able to get its car ready for testing comparatively early compared to previous years. How important has the simulation and telemetry data processing been to you and team?

"Well, obviously telemetry data is very important to us; it is crucial in designing the car," he told us."Our computer systems have been crucial, and we have very good partners in this respect. We have traditionally strong in these areas, perhaps more so than other teams... We hope to repeat this success again this season.""

Link:
http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2006/01..._launch/1.html