Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > retooling and mental housecleaning

retooling and mental housecleaning

Steve Pugh

On Oct 24, 3:26 pm, William Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have seen a lot of discussion on html semantics, and though the
> semantics of a page advertising an event, are different than those of a
> curriculum vitae, I thought I should investigate a more semantic
> approach in general. Unfortunately it seems that like so many things,
> anyone who can spell HTML, and has an opinion, has published it
> (actually blogs even remove the HTML requirement). HTML semantics are
> either the future of the web (of course that's what they said about
> xhtml a few years back), or another fad.

Have a look at pages discussing POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
starting with http://microformats.org/wiki/posh

Steve

William Gill

dorayme wrote:

> Because you are wise and mature and good.

2 out of 3 ain't bad! (Please don't ask) <g>

William Gill

Steve Pugh wrote:

> Have a look at pages discussing POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
> starting with http://microformats.org/wiki/posh

Looks like a very good starting point. Thanks.