Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD DVD-RAM: Better DVD Technology

HD DVD-RAM: Better DVD Technology

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PS
>
>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare) Toshiba
>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

Again, you retarded ****head, he was not talking about ROM discs.

Alpha

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>PS
>>
>>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare)
>>Toshiba
>>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

> Again, you retarded ****head, he was not talking about ROM discs.

This is nonsensical. I was not talking about ROM discs. He was talking
about write many read many....RAM is not exclusive to Panasonic's DVD-RAM
idea!

The only retard on here is you...as has been often demonstrated. You really
need a psychiatrist.

Alpha

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>PS
>>
>>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare)
>>Toshiba
>>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

> Again, you retarded ****head, he was not talking about ROM discs.

PS

You certainly are the Chairman of the Bored...you are without a doubt the
most incredibly boring moron here.

just me

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:13:12 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:54:36 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>PS
>>>
>>>Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare)
>>>Toshiba
>>>HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

>> Again, you retarded ****head, he was not talking about ROM discs.

>PS
>
>You certainly are the Chairman of the Bored...you are without a doubt the
>most incredibly boring moron here.

Don't waste your time on this guy - he's not worth it. He has a chip
on his shoulder. He's arrogant, defiant, vicious and evil. The only
thing you can do is ignore him. He can easily express this kind of
temper behind his computer screen and keyboard but he's nothing but
hot air. Let him act like this in society and see how far he gets.
Unfortunately, there are people like this that do act this way toward
others face to face. It's best to avoid people like this as much as
possible.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:31:24 GMT, just me <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:13:12 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Again, you retarded ****head, he was not talking about ROM discs.

>>PS
>>
>>You certainly are the Chairman of the Bored...you are without a doubt the
>>most incredibly boring moron here.
>>

>Don't waste your time on this guy - he's not worth it. He has a chip
>on his shoulder. He's arrogant, defiant, vicious and evil. The only
>thing you can do is ignore him. He can easily express this kind of
>temper behind his computer screen and keyboard but he's nothing but
>hot air. Let him act like this in society and see how far he gets.
>Unfortunately, there are people like this that do act this way toward
>others face to face. It's best to avoid people like this as much as
>possible.

Said the asswipe that knows enough about psychology to cover a molecular
probe tip.

stolennomenclature stolennomenclature is offline
Junior Member

[QUOTE=Alpha]"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
> any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
> with, worded in such a stupid manner.[/color]
QUOTE]

In my day, we would feel sorry for someone who was disadvantaged, either phsyically or intellectually, and people who ridiculed and made fun of people in wheelchairs would be considered to be scum.

Reading this post it would appear that things have changed somewhat. Now its ok to pour scorn and abuse on someone who is not as smart as you are.

Personally I think it is better to try and help (i.e. educate) those who are not as smart as we are, not to announce to the world how wonderfully clever we are and grind the lesser people into the dust.

Of course thats just me.

Regarding the subject of the thread, it might be helpful to reflect on the fact that blue lasers were held off the market for several years due to the inventor taking legal action to preotect his rights to the invention.

Secondly companies usually will do anything for a profit, and they hate anything that gives too much power to the end users. They need to keep the upgrade cycle going indefinately to ensure a continued revenue stream. Which is of course why most technology in the world is based on anything which wears out quickly and reuires a lot of maintenance. This is why electric cars do not make an appearance - electric motors require hardly any maintenance, do not need cooling radiators, clutches, gear boxes, and all the other wonderfully lucrative high maintenance items that employ millions of people worldwide. Not too mention the fact that they dont require any petrol - not so good for the oil companies.

Why do you think CD's and DVD's were introduced without a protective cartridge? How else get people to have to continually replace discs damaged by dust and scratches?

If you think that business only functions for the good of the consumer, and that the only thing that affects availability of new technology on the market are those related to producing the technology then perhaps you are not quite so clever as you think you are.

OF course this is just my opinion. Maybe im an intelectually challenged dweeb too.