Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD DVD-RAM: Better DVD Technology

HD DVD-RAM: Better DVD Technology

just me

Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:00:47 -0400, just me
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
>can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
>discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
>they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
>unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
>have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

Or perhaps still being perfected. Maybe they want folks to realize
just how lame Sony is for charging $20 per disc for their CRAP.

Abe

>Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
>can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
>discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
>they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
>unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
>have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

Yeah, and where exactly did you hear this. Citations please.

just me

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:34:37 -0700, Abe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Looks like the big boys don't want to release HD DVD-RAM until they
>>can get the most money out of the other DVD formats first. Since these
>>discs have a built-in error control and a defect management system,
>>they're closely related to hard disk technology. It's like having
>>unlimited hard drive space with 20GB per disk! This technology should
>>have already been released to consumers but it's being withheld.

>Yeah, and where exactly did you hear this. Citations please.

Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
holding something back, eh?

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:56:57 GMT, just me <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
>technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
>holding something back, eh?

HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.

Stop making **** up, you stupid retard!

just me

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:51:27 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:56:57 GMT, just me <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
>>technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
>>holding something back, eh?

> HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
>up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
>lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.
>
> Stop making **** up, you stupid retard!

I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
newsgroup.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:25:31 -0400, just me
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:51:27 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:56:57 GMT, just me <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Just look around. Can you find any HD DVD-RAM products when this
>>>technology has been around for several years? Somebody's gotta be
>>>holding something back, eh?

>> HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
>>up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
>>lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.
>>
>> Stop making **** up, you stupid retard!

>I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
>technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
>also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
>no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
>the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
>make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
>ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
>withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
>newsgroup.

Did you even read my post, you retarded twit!?

HD requires BLUE lasers. Blue lasers were indeed invented years ago,
HOWEVER, they have only come up with a viable, long lasting version
recently, and THAT was only one limiting factor in your fantasy world.

Do you know ANYTHING about manufacturing? It doesn't matter when an
idea is started. What matters is when it becomes a viable, profitable,
manufacturable technology.

LCD displays are a perfect example.

Maybe one day, you will catch up.

And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
with, worded in such a stupid manner.

Alpha

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:25:31 -0400, just me
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:51:27 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> HAS NOT been around for "several years". Get a clue boy. It took them
>>>up until a few years ago just to get decent lifespan figures for blue
>>>lasers that READ, much less devices that are powerful enough to write.
>>>
>>> Stop making **** up, you stupid retard!

>>I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
>>technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
>>also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
>>no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
>>the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
>>make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
>>ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
>>withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
>>newsgroup.

> Did you even read my post, you retarded twit!?
>
> HD requires BLUE lasers. Blue lasers were indeed invented years ago,
> HOWEVER, they have only come up with a viable, long lasting version
> recently, and THAT was only one limiting factor in your fantasy world.
>
> Do you know ANYTHING about manufacturing? It doesn't matter when an
> idea is started. What matters is when it becomes a viable, profitable,
> manufacturable technology.
>
> LCD displays are a perfect example.
>
> Maybe one day, you will catch up.
>
> And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
> any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
> with, worded in such a stupid manner.

Blu Ray is already available:

http://www.edgewise-media.com/p2~P~TDK-BDRE.htm

The entire HD DVD writable has been a fiasco.

Alpha

PS

Don't look around too hard. The June announced (with huge fanfare) Toshiba
HD DVD writable/rewritable has not appeared...it dropped off the map.

news:ffh37q$vpr$(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:51:37 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"ChairmanOfTheBored" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:25:31 -0400, just me
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>I hope you don't talk to people like this in person. DVD-RAM
>>>technology HAS BEEN around several years. Since Hi-Def technology was
>>>also introduced several years ago, you can't tell me that absolutely
>>>no one in electronics could forsee HD DVD-RAM. Unbelievable! Money is
>>>the bottom line and it drives technology to become more advanced to
>>>make more money. Entrepreneurs look ahead to the future to calculate
>>>ways to maximize profits. I'll tell you something else that's being
>>>withheld from consumers - 100 mpg cars! But that's for another
>>>newsgroup.

>> Did you even read my post, you retarded twit!?
>>
>> HD requires BLUE lasers. Blue lasers were indeed invented years ago,
>> HOWEVER, they have only come up with a viable, long lasting version
>> recently, and THAT was only one limiting factor in your fantasy world.
>>
>> Do you know ANYTHING about manufacturing? It doesn't matter when an
>> idea is started. What matters is when it becomes a viable, profitable,
>> manufacturable technology.
>>
>> LCD displays are a perfect example.
>>
>> Maybe one day, you will catch up.
>>
>> And no, I only speak this way in person to dweebs like you. If you had
>> any brains at all, you wouldn't have made such a stupid post to start
>> with, worded in such a stupid manner.

>Blu Ray is already available:
>
>http://www.edgewise-media.com/p2~P~TDK-BDRE.htm
>
>The entire HD DVD writable has been a fiasco.

You missed his point entirely, you retarded ****.

He was not talking about the HD DVD format. He was talking about RAM
type optical storage as an emerging technology that his wee little brain
seems to think should have been out years ago.

He has no clue that some of us like hard drives, and the fact that our
data is far more reliably stored on them, an far more readily accessed
from them.