Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Group Policy Configuration, and Home network.

Group Policy Configuration, and Home network.

Dave Ashe

Hi All -
I am testing a WiFi connection at work, using WPA+802.1x authentication.
Serveres are Win2k3, IAS, with Certificate services autoenrollment set up on
the network. Group Policy configures my preferred networks and
authentication. Access Point is an IronPoint 200.

Works great.

I am now trying to connect this laptop to my home Wifi network - old Linksys
BERFWS4, using Simple WEP with 64 bit keys. Home laptop works fine,
however, nothing I do will let the work laptop connect - even disabling
security.

Did I miss something in the documentation that indicates that once a laptop
is ocnfigured via Group Policy, it cannot conenct to anything except those
Corporate networks?

Dave