Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save sessions.

Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save sessions.

Bhuwan Bhaskar

Hi,

Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save sessions.

Thanks,
Bhuwan

Jon

On 20 Oct, 17:39, "Bhuwan Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save sessions.
>
> Thanks,
> Bhuwan

Hello mate,

The best time that you may us this is if you're using a web farm and
the request may not go back to the orginal server.

HTH,

Jon
www.nantwichonline.com

Bhuwan Bhaskar

I am new for ASP.net. As I know, both can be used to save session if you
are using web farm.

Thanks,
Bhuwan

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On 20 Oct, 17:39, "Bhuwan Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save
>> sessions.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bhuwan

> Hello mate,
>
> The best time that you may us this is if you're using a web farm and
> the request may not go back to the orginal server.
>
> HTH,
>
> Jon
> www.nantwichonline.com

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Bhuwan Bhaskar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>As I know, both can be used to save session if you are using web farm.

You are correct:
http://www.aspnetfaq.com/default.asp...&CategoryId=51

This article should help:
http://www.faqfront.com/document/sql...-session-state

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

> The best time that you may us this is if you're using a web farm and
> the request may not go back to the orginal server.

You are confusing inproc sessions with state server and SQL Server, both of
which can be used in a web farm / web garden...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Bhuwan Bhaskar