Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to get back to Administrator login

How to get back to Administrator login

Scott R. Smith

Hi group,

I have using the default Administrator login for quite some time. Once I
created a user account, the Administrator account is gone for the login
screen. Reviewing the help file I see the default Administrator account is
intended for the set-up purposes.

My question is how do I login to my Administrator account?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Smith

Tony Sperling

This is so easy that I'm actually thinking twice before doing this - I'm
affraid you might say:"I know that, you idiot! That was not what I was
asking"!

O.K. - The Log-in is displaying the last account that you were using as a
default. So, if you want to return to an account you used before, you'll
have to type it in, instead of the default. If I'm not mistaken, the default
is also highlighted at log-in, so just start typing!

More, I think there is a Registry key to disable displaying the default
account, cannot remember at the moment.

Unfortunately (for some) this also means you'll have to remember your
password for that account at this stage - if you miss that, you're on your
own - unless you can download something like SIW:

http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

it's a utility that is priceless in any way you'd like to interpret that
description.

Tony. . .

"Scott R. Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi group,
>
> I have using the default Administrator login for quite some time. Once I
> created a user account, the Administrator account is gone for the login
> screen. Reviewing the help file I see the default Administrator account is
> intended for the set-up purposes.
>

> My question is how do I login to my Administrator account?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Scott Smith

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Scott:
Try this.
Go to Start/All Programs and right click the command prompt.
Type Control UserPasswords2.
Click Advanced.
Click Advanced again.
Select Users.
Select Administrator and untick the the box “Administrator is disabled”
Carlos