Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > how to get mpeg to play?

how to get mpeg to play?

joe

At work the mpeg of my kitchen played with no problem on IE6. Here at home,
the mpeg (and even an avi) won't work in mozilla firfox or IE7. I thought it
was mozilla only ... anyway, any help would be appreciated.

thx!
-joe
___________________________________
my bread: http://www.joesbread.com/
my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

Stanley Eisen

joe wrote:
> At work the mpeg of my kitchen played with no problem on IE6. Here at home,
> the mpeg (and even an avi) won't work in mozilla firfox or IE7. I thought it
> was mozilla only ... anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Try playing the mpeg of your bathroom and see if that works.

ginger22@gmail.com

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:10:08 +1300, Stanley Eisen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Try playing the mpeg of your bathroom and see if that works.

Another moron heard from

joe

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:10:08 +1300, Stanley Eisen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Try playing the mpeg of your bathroom and see if that works.

> Another moron heard from

Thanks ginger22. I emailed TheRossman after installing the Windows Media
Player for Firefox which he suggests on his sight. He, unlike Mr. "Eisen,"
was very helpful. He said I need to use SCRIPT tags and to put all my
scripts in the HEADer tag. ...alas it still needs work. :/

-joe
___________________________________
my bread: http://www.joesbread.com/
my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

joe

"joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:471bb79d$0$16490$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:10:08 +1300, Stanley Eisen
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Try playing the mpeg of your bathroom and see if that works.

>> Another moron heard from

> Thanks ginger22. I emailed TheRossman after installing the Windows Media
> Player for Firefox which he suggests on his sight. He, unlike Mr. "Eisen,"
> was very helpful. He said I need to use SCRIPT tags and to put all my
> scripts in the HEADer tag. ...alas it still needs work. :/
>

> -joe
> my bread: http://www.joesbread.com/
> my faith: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

By God's grace I learned what I need - an EMBED tag! Video works fine in
both Firefox and IE7.

-joe