Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCNGP or not to MCNGP?

MCNGP or not to MCNGP?

Robert Williams

I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured I'd
answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to whether I
should actually register or not.

MCNGP Requirements:

1.. Must be able to prove proficiency in network design implementation and
management.
--Shouldn't be a problem, I've been a Network Admin since NT 4.0, I'm working on
my MCSA/MCSE now to actually prove the proficiency.

2.. Must excel in OS installation methods, performance tweaking and
troubleshooting.
--Again, shouldn't be a problem, built computers and networks long before I
became a Net Admin. Built all of my own computers,
except for that first Compaq, had to REbuild that one after I took it apart.

3.. Must frequent microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse and provide a proven track
record of technically competent posts.
--Doing this now. It's a real friggin experience.

4.. Must demonstrate posting skills both defensive and offensively.
--Hope I've done a good enough job, if not, they'll get better, I've just gotta
get used to y'all. And if you don't like my posts, you can fsck off and go read
your sappy Harlequins

5.. Must know what Chalk's term is and must have used it at least twice in
it's pure form.
--I know what it is, but for fear of letting the secret out to the
a.z.z.f.u.s.k.e.r.s that claim to be outsmarting the system by
taking br@indumps and cheat exams, I'm not going to blurt it out.

6.. Must have excellent knowledge of Kerpalism.
--Kerpal was a wise man, I remember this time my daughter went to his house and
kicked the kr@p out of his dog. Funny story, I'll have to tell it some day.

7.. Must be willing to stand beside your fellow MCNGP's.
--Beside, behind, or in front of, intelligence and arrogance prevail.

Proficiency in the following areas:
1.. Enterprise solutions.
--It's just Small Business solutions right now. But to quote a great
Jefferson...."We're mooovin' on up...."

2.. Operating Systems other then (<---Tell the friggin webmaster to fix the
typo, it's "THAN") and as well as MS.
--Ok, sorry, hardcore MS user here. I took too many courses in college that
forced me to work on UNIX/LINUX systems. Worst
experience in my life. Not that it was difficult, just slow and boring. Worked
with X-Windows a little, just not the same. And
those MACs scuk...who the h3ll would design a mouse with 1 click function?!?!
Although the MAC graphics, for pictures and video,
were far superior to MS, I still prefer MS's functions.

3.. Proper use and misuse, when appropriate, of the English language.
--I think you all know my view of the English language by now.

4.. Newsgroup Flaming Techniques.
--If I haven't, I will, be sure of that.

5.. Belittling those whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful
and professional manner.
--Ha! I once told a guy to go to h3ll in such a polite way, that I was also able
to get him to bring me back a cup of coffee when he returned.

6.. Fluent in movie, tv and song quoting.
--Between me and my brother, we know everything. Hmmm....sorry...that, my
brother knows.

JaR

the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:

> I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured
> I'd answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
> opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to
> whether I should actually register or not.

A trifling misunderstanding here.

Registering to access the site does not grant one MCNGP status. Also be
aware that it only permits use of the public sections. Use of the so-
called "Sekrit Site" is restricted to holders of the hallowed MCNGP only.

MCNGP status is awarded only to individuals that have demonstrated the
qualities mentioned on the site, and nomination by a member, after
careful review by the membership committee, and a vote of the membership.

Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

kpg

JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
> process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
work out a deal.

kpg

Jtyc

> but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

Speak for yourself.

I'm very cheap.

*winks*

The Rev [MCT]

<snipage>
Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!
</snipage>

Frisbee is

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
news:Xns97587558E5CBBTalleywhacker@207.46.248.16.. .
> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
> the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:
>
>> I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured
>> I'd answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
>> opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to
>> whether I should actually register or not.

> A trifling misunderstanding here.
>
> Registering to access the site does not grant one MCNGP status. Also be
> aware that it only permits use of the public sections. Use of the so-
> called "Sekrit Site" is restricted to holders of the hallowed MCNGP only.
>
> MCNGP status is awarded only to individuals that have demonstrated the
> qualities mentioned on the site, and nomination by a member, after
> careful review by the membership committee, and a vote of the membership.
>
> Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
> process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!
>
> --
> JaR
> MCNGP 10110
> Remove hat to reply
> Don't panic! ~Douglas Adams

Jtyc

> But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
> work out a deal.

I have nicer legs.

JaR

plaintive wail of The Rev [MCT]:

> Frisbee is

> But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can

work out a deal.

>I'm very cheap.

*sigh*

Guys, guys!

At this rate, we are never going to pay off the mortgage on the clubhouse.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

The Rev [MCT]

I thought Neil took one for the team last week and all that was taken car of
now.

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
news:Xns975878A87CCE7Talleywhacker@207.46.248.16.. .
> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, the
> plaintive wail of The Rev [MCT]:
>
>> Frisbee is

>> But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can

> work out a deal.
>
>>I'm very cheap.

> *sigh*
>
> Guys, guys!
>
> At this rate, we are never going to pay off the mortgage on the clubhouse.
>
> --
> JaR
> MCNGP 10110
> Remove hat to reply
> They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction.
> ~Janet Reno

Robert Williams

news:Xns97587558E5CBBTalleywhacker@207.46.248.16.. .
> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
> the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:
>
> > I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured
> > I'd answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
> > opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to
> > whether I should actually register or not.

> A trifling misunderstanding here.
>
> Registering to access the site does not grant one MCNGP status. Also be
> aware that it only permits use of the public sections. Use of the so-
> called "Sekrit Site" is restricted to holders of the hallowed MCNGP only.

No sh!t? Really? Maybe you missed my point. I was contemplating registering,
AND while I was at it, I would poast my knowledge of the requirements to become
an MCNGP. I don't expect immediate MCNGP status from my poast, just found
answering those requirements to be entertaining.

> MCNGP status is awarded only to individuals that have demonstrated the
> qualities mentioned on the site, and nomination by a member, after
> careful review by the membership committee, and a vote of the membership.

Wow, a committee! Do you have a Yacht club, too?

> Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
> process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

How expensive are the BJs?

Hope you didn't get too flamed at what I wrote, it's all in jest. I like to
test my boundaries and push the edge.

Robert Williams

"kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
news:Xns97588B043BAFAipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
> JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like
>
> > Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
> > process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

> But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
> work out a deal.
>
> kpg

I don't know ALL the members yet, but as soon as I see MCNGP # in your sig, I'll
look you up.

BD [MCNGP] lowdes [MCNGP] lowdes [MCNGP] MCSE 11 10-26-2006 11:04 PM
Re: One MCNGP Not really a MCNGP .rev [MCT] MCSE 3 10-25-2006 06:45 PM
One MCNGP Not really a MCNGP lowdes MCSE 59 10-23-2006 08:12 PM
MCNGP IS NOT REAL IMRAN KHAN MCSE 24 01-03-2005 04:48 PM
OT: Official MCNGP Do NOT get me this for Christmas List =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSE 13 12-16-2004 09:42 PM

Advertisments