Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Dare I ask?

Dare I ask?

Robert Williams

Is there a size limit to the posts? I've tried sending a new post 3 times and
it still hasn't posted, but all the replies *have* posted. It's only 4KB, there
shouldn't be a problem, right.

Robert Williams

I'll try it this way then....

I know I'm gonna get bombarded from one side or the other, so I'm just gonna
insert the buttplug and start firing away.

I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured I'd
answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to whether I
should actually register or not.

MCNGP Requirements:

1.. Must be able to prove proficiency in network design implementation and
management.
--Shouldn't be a problem, I've been a Network Admin since NT 4.0, I'm working on
my MCSA/MCSE now to actually prove the proficiency.

2.. Must excel in OS installation methods, performance tweaking and
troubleshooting.
--Again, shouldn't be a problem, built computers and networks long before I
became a Net Admin. Built all of my own computers,
except for that first Compaq, had to REbuild that one after I took it apart.

3.. Must frequent microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse and provide a proven track
record of technically competent posts.
--Doing this now. It's a real friggin experience.

4.. Must demonstrate posting skills both defensive and offensively.
--Hope I've done a good enough job, if not, they'll get better, I've just gotta
get used to y'all. And if you don't like my posts,
you can fsck off and go read your sappy Harlequins

5.. Must know what Chalk's term is and must have used it at least twice in
it's pure form.
--I know what it is, but for fear of letting the secret out to the
a.s.s.f.u.c.k.e.r.s that claim to be outsmarting the system by
taking br@indumps and cheat exams, I'm not going to blurt it out.

6.. Must have excellent knowledge of Kerpalism.
--Kerpal was a wise man, I remember this time my daughter went to his house and
kicked the cr@p out of his dog. Funny story, I'll
have to tell it some day.

7.. Must be willing to stand beside your fellow MCNGP's.
--Beside, behind, or in front of, intelligence and arrogance prevail.

Proficiency in the following areas:
1.. Enterprise solutions.
--It's just Small Business solutions right now. But to quote a great
Jefferson...."We're mooovin' on up...."

2.. Operating Systems other then (<---Tell the friggin webmaster to fix the
typo, it's "THAN") and as well as MS.
--Ok, sorry, hardcore MS user here. I took too many courses in college that
forced me to work on UNIX/LINUX systems. Worst
experience in my life. Not that it was difficult, just slow and boring. Worked
with X-Windows a little, just not the same. And
those MACs suck...who the h3ll would design a mouse with 1 click function?!?!
Although the MAC graphics, for pictures and video,
were far superior to MS, I still prefer MS's functions.

3.. Proper use and misuse, when appropriate, of the English language.
--I think you all know my view of the English language by now.

4.. Newsgroup Flaming Techniques.
--If I haven't, I will, be sure of that.

5.. Belittling those whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful
and professional manner.
--Ha! I once told a guy to go to h3ll in such a polite way, that I was also able
to get him to bring me back a cup of coffee when he
was done.

6.. Fluent in movie, tv and song quoting.
--Between my brother and me, we know everything. Hmmm....sorry...that, my
brother knows.

JaR

the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:

> Is there a size limit to the posts? I've tried sending a new post 3
> times and it still hasn't posted, but all the replies *have* posted.
> It's only 4KB, there shouldn't be a problem, right.

I don't think there's a size limit. They do use filters, however. If your
post has certain...um...bad words in it, the mod-bot will null route it.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

Robert Williams

news:Xns97585DD5EDB1ATalleywhacker@207.46.248.16.. .
> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
> the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:
>
> > Is there a size limit to the posts? I've tried sending a new post 3
> > times and it still hasn't posted, but all the replies *have* posted.
> > It's only 4KB, there shouldn't be a problem, right.

> I don't think there's a size limit. They do use filters, however. If your
> post has certain...um...bad words in it, the mod-bot will null route it.

It didn't seem to get filtered when I replied to my top post, just when I tried
to send it as the top post. Read it and tell me if there is anything that would
trigger the null-route.

Jtyc

> Is there a size limit to the posts?

Can't be. Otherwise none of Ms. Bob's posts would make it.

Robert Williams

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there a size limit to the posts?

> Can't be. Otherwise none of Ms. Bob's posts would make it.

Odd how it wouldn't post my message as a top post, but it would accept it as a
reply.

Jtyc

> Odd how it wouldn't post my message as a top post, but it would accept it
> as a
> reply.

Have you checked your win.ini file?

TOP POST=YES

Robert Williams

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Odd how it wouldn't post my message as a top post, but it would accept it
> > as a
> > reply.

> Have you checked your win.ini file?
>

> TOP POST=YES

And what section would that be in?

[BS]?

JaR

the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:

> It didn't seem to get filtered when I replied to my top post, just
> when I tried to send it as the top post. Read it and tell me if there
> is anything that would trigger the null-route.

If it's where the big red 'X', posted at 9:11 Pacific, is in this thread,
it would appear to have been deleted.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

Robert Williams

news:Xns97586BE07580BTalleywhacker@207.46.248.16.. .
> Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
> the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:
>
> > It didn't seem to get filtered when I replied to my top post, just
> > when I tried to send it as the top post. Read it and tell me if there
> > is anything that would trigger the null-route.

> If it's where the big red 'X', posted at 9:11 Pacific, is in this thread,
> it would appear to have been deleted.

Amazing...simply amazing...

Dare I ask? Robert Williams MCSE 0 01-27-2006 04:56 PM
How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? Yeongja_Choi@yahoo.com C++ 0 06-07-2005 02:00 AM
Dare you!! DaveG Computer Support 6 11-05-2003 04:00 PM
Where Eagles Dare disc moisture problem? anthony DVD Video 8 09-24-2003 01:33 PM
Canceling file or directory deletion in .NET. That's Right Tony. How Dare You Ask a Question About .NET in This Dictatorship? perseus C++ 0 08-12-2003 09:01 PM

Advertisments