Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WAP-PSK on a DI-614+

WAP-PSK on a DI-614+

=?Utf-8?B?T3d6b25l?=

I have a DI-614+ and Windows Xp Pro I find when using WAP-PSK Mode I't some
times don't get a connection on startup. and I have to use the repair
button.. Why Is this ?

Chuck

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:11:07 -0800, Owzone <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a DI-614+ and Windows Xp Pro I find when using WAP-PSK Mode I't some
>times don't get a connection on startup. and I have to use the repair
>button.. Why Is this ?

Should that maybe be "WPA-PSK"?

Did this problem not exist without WPA-PSK?

What specific state is the computer before startup. Powered off? Disconnected?
Hibernating?

When this problem occurs, open a command windows(Start - Run - "cmd") (less the
""), and type in two commands (again, less the ""):
"ipconfig /release"
"ipconfig / renew"

--
Cheers,
Chuck

=?Utf-8?B?T3d6b25l?=

Sorry about that, it is a WPA-PSK. And no it works fine without WPA-PSK.
From a power off state and some time when some users log in.

I have to use the repair button in the network setting.

If you wish you can use my Email.

or maybe Windows Messenger same Email address as above..

Cheers Mark

"Chuck" wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:11:07 -0800, Owzone <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a DI-614+ and Windows Xp Pro I find when using WAP-PSK Mode I't some
> >times don't get a connection on startup. and I have to use the repair
> >button.. Why Is this ?

> Should that maybe be "WPA-PSK"?
>
> Did this problem not exist without WPA-PSK?
>
> What specific state is the computer before startup. Powered off? Disconnected?
> Hibernating?
>
> When this problem occurs, open a command windows(Start - Run - "cmd") (less the
> ""), and type in two commands (again, less the ""):
> "ipconfig /release"
> "ipconfig / renew"
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Chuck
> Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.
> My email is AT DOT
> actual address pchuck sonic net.

Jeff

Do you the AP and PSK setup as a Preferred Network?