Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Blue Screen Error HELP!

Blue Screen Error HELP!

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

While playing online multiplayer games "Shoot em'ups" affter about 20 min's
The pc shuts off instantlly with a blue screen flash with error message

the setup i use:
psu tagan TG1100-U95 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet
mobo MSI-K8 Dimond plus v1 nF chipset PCIE/cpu.amd 3500 skt 939
2GB Corsair XMS3200 pro non-ecc 512 x4
x4 SATA 250GB WD,HDD's
X2 Nvidia Geforce 6600GT PCI E X16 graphics cards

The system is never overclocked and standard bios setup
worked 100% for over a year

I can reboot at once and windows loads as normal with the standard popup
Recoverd from a serus error ,the manifest reads as follows

Server=watson.microsoft.com
UI LCID=1033
Flags=1696082
Brand=WINDOWS
TitleName=Microsoft Windows
DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=3b&BCP1=00000000C0000047&BCP2=F FFFF80001030919&BCP3=FFFFFADFC8777610&BCP4=0000000 000000000&OSVer=5_2_3790&SP=2_0&Product=256_1
DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6. dir00\Mini101807-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir 00\sysdata.xml
ErrorSubPath=blue
DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WE R04b6.dir00

There is the Mini101807-02.dmp file and sysdata.xml
Can anyone tell me what this means???? Please

R. C. White

Hi, Dan_Bee.

The log file is helpful, but the best clue to your problem is probably the
Stop code on the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Unfortunately, Microsoft sets
the default for "what to do on system failure" to "automatically restart" -
and the restart happens so quickly that we never get a chance to read the
BSOD. So one of the first things that I always do after installing Windows
is change that default!

Go to Control Panel | System and click Advanced System Settings (you'll need
your Administrator password to get past here). On the next Advanced tab,
click Settings under Startup and Recovery. This gets you finally to the
page where you can remove the check from that Automatically restart line,
then OK your way out.

The next time, your computer will still abort, but it will halt with that
BSOD onscreen, giving you all the time you need before you press the
hardware Restart button. Copy down that Stop code - verbatim - along with
the line of hex codes and any other text that might be there. It might be
gibberish to you (and to me), but it will mean a lot to the gurus here who
know how to read it. They can point you in the right direction.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Dan_Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While playing online multiplayer games "Shoot em'ups" affter about 20
> min's
> The pc shuts off instantlly with a blue screen flash with error message
>
> the setup i use:
> psu tagan TG1100-U95 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet
> mobo MSI-K8 Dimond plus v1 nF chipset PCIE/cpu.amd 3500 skt 939
> 2GB Corsair XMS3200 pro non-ecc 512 x4
> x4 SATA 250GB WD,HDD's
> X2 Nvidia Geforce 6600GT PCI E X16 graphics cards
>
> The system is never overclocked and standard bios setup
> worked 100% for over a year
>
> I can reboot at once and windows loads as normal with the standard popup
> Recoverd from a serus error ,the manifest reads as follows
>
> Server=watson.microsoft.com
> UI LCID=1033
> Flags=1696082
> Brand=WINDOWS
> TitleName=Microsoft Windows
> DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
> ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
> HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
> Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=3b&BCP1=00000000C0000047&BCP2=F FFFF80001030919&BCP3=FFFFFADFC8777610&BCP4=0000000 000000000&OSVer=5_2_3790&SP=2_0&Product=256_1
> DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6. dir00\Mini101807-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir 00\sysdata.xml
> ErrorSubPath=blue
> DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WE R04b6.dir00
>
> There is the Mini101807-02.dmp file and sysdata.xml
> Can anyone tell me what this means???? Please

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

Thanks' for advice, I have now found the problem, It was one of the sticks of
Ram
I noticed the active led's on one of the 4 mod's was out of sync' with the
other 3
So i swaped the 4 mod's with Kingston HyperX of the same spec' and all was
fine again.
Thanks

"R. C. White" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Server=watson.microsoft.com
> > UI LCID=1033
> > Flags=1696082
> > Brand=WINDOWS
> > TitleName=Microsoft Windows
> > DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> > NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
> > ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
> > HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
> > Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=3b&BCP1=00000000C0000047&BCP2=F FFFF80001030919&BCP3=FFFFFADFC8777610&BCP4=0000000 000000000&OSVer=5_2_3790&SP=2_0&Product=256_1
> > DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6. dir00\Mini101807-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir 00\sysdata.xml
> > ErrorSubPath=blue
> > DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WE R04b6.dir00
> >
> > There is the Mini101807-02.dmp file and sysdata.xml
> > Can anyone tell me what this means???? Please

John Barnes

You either need to supply the error code and message from the blue screen or
the error code and message from the mini-dump (not the dump) If you auto
restart, uncheck in system/advanced/startup and recovery

"Dan_Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While playing online multiplayer games "Shoot em'ups" affter about 20
> min's
> The pc shuts off instantlly with a blue screen flash with error message
>
> the setup i use:
> psu tagan TG1100-U95 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet
> mobo MSI-K8 Dimond plus v1 nF chipset PCIE/cpu.amd 3500 skt 939
> 2GB Corsair XMS3200 pro non-ecc 512 x4
> x4 SATA 250GB WD,HDD's
> X2 Nvidia Geforce 6600GT PCI E X16 graphics cards
>
> The system is never overclocked and standard bios setup
> worked 100% for over a year
>
> I can reboot at once and windows loads as normal with the standard popup
> Recoverd from a serus error ,the manifest reads as follows
>
> Server=watson.microsoft.com
> UI LCID=1033
> Flags=1696082
> Brand=WINDOWS
> TitleName=Microsoft Windows
> DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
> ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
> HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
> Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=3b&BCP1=00000000C0000047&BCP2=F FFFF80001030919&BCP3=FFFFFADFC8777610&BCP4=0000000 000000000&OSVer=5_2_3790&SP=2_0&Product=256_1
> DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6. dir00\Mini101807-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir 00\sysdata.xml
> ErrorSubPath=blue
> DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WE R04b6.dir00
>
> There is the Mini101807-02.dmp file and sysdata.xml
> Can anyone tell me what this means???? Please

John Barnes

Interesting that neither of the other posts by RC or op showed up until 5:30
pdt this am on my Vista mail reader.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You either need to supply the error code and message from the blue screen
> or the error code and message from the mini-dump (not the dump) If you
> auto restart, uncheck in system/advanced/startup and recovery
>
> "Dan_Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> While playing online multiplayer games "Shoot em'ups" affter about 20
>> min's
>> The pc shuts off instantlly with a blue screen flash with error message
>>
>> the setup i use:
>> psu tagan TG1100-U95 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet
>> mobo MSI-K8 Dimond plus v1 nF chipset PCIE/cpu.amd 3500 skt 939
>> 2GB Corsair XMS3200 pro non-ecc 512 x4
>> x4 SATA 250GB WD,HDD's
>> X2 Nvidia Geforce 6600GT PCI E X16 graphics cards
>>
>> The system is never overclocked and standard bios setup
>> worked 100% for over a year
>>
>> I can reboot at once and windows loads as normal with the standard popup
>> Recoverd from a serus error ,the manifest reads as follows
>>
>> Server=watson.microsoft.com
>> UI LCID=1033
>> Flags=1696082
>> Brand=WINDOWS
>> TitleName=Microsoft Windows
>> DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
>> NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
>> ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
>> HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
>> Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=3b&BCP1=00000000C0000047&BCP2=F FFFF80001030919&BCP3=FFFFFADFC8777610&BCP4=0000000 000000000&OSVer=5_2_3790&SP=2_0&Product=256_1
>> DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6. dir00\Mini101807-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir 00\sysdata.xml
>> ErrorSubPath=blue
>> DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WE R04b6.dir00
>>
>> There is the Mini101807-02.dmp file and sysdata.xml
>> Can anyone tell me what this means???? Please

R. C. White

Hi, John.

Are you subscribed directly through the msnews.microsoft.com server? Or
through a "slurping" server that just "slurps" the messages from that host
server and passes them on?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

news:uis#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Interesting that neither of the other posts by RC or op showed up until
> 5:30 pdt this am on my Vista mail reader.

<SNIP>

R. C. White

Hi, Dan_Bee.

Thanks for the report back. Good detective work! ;<)

But you might want to change that default setting from Automatically
restart, anyhow, for the time when another of Vista' rare BSODs appears.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

"Dan_Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks' for advice, I have now found the problem, It was one of the sticks
> of
> Ram
> I noticed the active led's on one of the 4 mod's was out of sync' with the
> other 3
> So i swaped the 4 mod's with Kingston HyperX of the same spec' and all was
> fine again.
> Thanks
>
> "R. C. White" wrote:
>
>> Hi, Dan_Bee.
>>
>> The log file is helpful, but the best clue to your problem is probably
>> the
>> Stop code on the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Unfortunately, Microsoft
>> sets
>> the default for "what to do on system failure" to "automatically
>> restart" -
>> and the restart happens so quickly that we never get a chance to read the
>> BSOD. So one of the first things that I always do after installing
>> Windows
>> is change that default!
>>
>> Go to Control Panel | System and click Advanced System Settings (you'll
>> need
>> your Administrator password to get past here). On the next Advanced tab,
>> click Settings under Startup and Recovery. This gets you finally to the
>> page where you can remove the check from that Automatically restart line,
>> then OK your way out.
>>
>> The next time, your computer will still abort, but it will halt with that
>> BSOD onscreen, giving you all the time you need before you press the
>> hardware Restart button. Copy down that Stop code - verbatim - along
>> with
>> the line of hex codes and any other text that might be there. It might
>> be
>> gibberish to you (and to me), but it will mean a lot to the gurus here
>> who
>> know how to read it. They can point you in the right direction.
>>
>> RC

John Barnes

Directly, no slurping here.

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, John.
>
> Are you subscribed directly through the msnews.microsoft.com server? Or
> through a "slurping" server that just "slurps" the messages from that host
> server and passes them on?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

> news:uis#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Interesting that neither of the other posts by RC or op showed up until
>> 5:30 pdt this am on my Vista mail reader.

> <SNIP>

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

Again thanks' I took your advice and changed the default from Automatic
restart
as this makes sence if it happens again, or for any other blue screen error
problem.

I knew i t could be done from "F8"key exstended menu while booting, as i
have done so on other systems in the past , "thats fine if you are getting
blue screens from boot" before you enter windows.
Why do M.S use the default "Not to show error message?"
It would be a lot easyer for users to find the help they need with this info
in hand?.

Tank's Again
Dan

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Dan_Bee.
>
> Thanks for the report back. Good detective work! ;<)
>
> But you might want to change that default setting from Automatically
> restart, anyhow, for the time when another of Vista' rare BSODs appears.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)
>
> "Dan_Bee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks' for advice, I have now found the problem, It was one of the sticks
> > of
> > Ram
> > I noticed the active led's on one of the 4 mod's was out of sync' with the
> > other 3
> > So i swaped the 4 mod's with Kingston HyperX of the same spec' and all was
> > fine again.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "R. C. White" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Dan_Bee.
> >>
> >> The log file is helpful, but the best clue to your problem is probably
> >> the
> >> Stop code on the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Unfortunately, Microsoft
> >> sets
> >> the default for "what to do on system failure" to "automatically
> >> restart" -
> >> and the restart happens so quickly that we never get a chance to read the
> >> BSOD. So one of the first things that I always do after installing
> >> Windows
> >> is change that default!
> >>
> >> Go to Control Panel | System and click Advanced System Settings (you'll
> >> need
> >> your Administrator password to get past here). On the next Advanced tab,
> >> click Settings under Startup and Recovery. This gets you finally to the
> >> page where you can remove the check from that Automatically restart line,
> >> then OK your way out.
> >>
> >> The next time, your computer will still abort, but it will halt with that
> >> BSOD onscreen, giving you all the time you need before you press the
> >> hardware Restart button. Copy down that Stop code - verbatim - along
> >> with
> >> the line of hex codes and any other text that might be there. It might
> >> be
> >> gibberish to you (and to me), but it will mean a lot to the gurus here
> >> who
> >> know how to read it. They can point you in the right direction.
> >>
> >> RC

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

Thanks' John got it sorrted now, good of you to take the time and give advice
Regards Dan