Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can't seem to get rid of the padding

Can't seem to get rid of the padding

laredotornado@zipmail.com

Hi,

Hopefully this is an easy question. If you look at the page

http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

you'll see on both PC IE and Firefox, the arrow graphic is surrounded
both above and below by some green background color. Green is the
background color of the table cell, and I'm trying to make the image
pressed neatly against the entire table cell, without any green
showing. Tried, style="padding:0px; margin:0px;". Any ideas of other
things I can do?

Thanks, - Dave

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> I'm trying to make the image
> pressed neatly against the entire table cell

What's this supposed to mean?

--
dorayme

laredotornado@zipmail.com

On Oct 18, 3:55 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I'm trying to make the image
> > pressed neatly against the entire table cell

> What's this supposed to mean?
>
> --
> dorayme

Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

- Dave

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed). com>,

> On Oct 18, 3:55 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> >
> > "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > I'm trying to make the image
> > > pressed neatly against the entire table cell

> > What's this supposed to mean?
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
> above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
> I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
> attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?
>
> - Dave

See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.

--
dorayme

laredotornado@zipmail.com

On Oct 18, 6:14 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
>

> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On Oct 18, 3:55 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> > > What's this supposed to mean?

> > > --
> > > dorayme

> > Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
> > above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
> > I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
> > attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

> > - Dave

> See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.
>
> --
> dorayme- Hide quoted text -

Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
beneath the image

http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

Thanks for the advice and continued help, - Dave

Jonathan N. Little

> Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
> it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
> beneath the image
>
> http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

Because an IMG is an inline element and that is room for text
descenders. I thought someone already informed you of this. If you want
to have an image in a table cell not to have this space then display as
block

td img { display: block; }

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2007-10-19, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Oct 18, 6:14 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Right now that image is in a table cell but there is some extra space
>> > above and below the image. I'm trying to remove that extra space but
>> > I'm unsuccessful using the conventional padding and margin style
>> > attributes. Is there any other ways to remove that extra spacing?

It's too small for me to see any spacing, extra or otherwise.

>> See my reply to your other post. Remove the align you have on it.

> Hi, You meant the align in the IMG tag? I removed that attribute and
> it approved things a little bit, but there's still an annoying space
> beneath the image
>
> http://elearningrd.info/portal/test3.php

First, correct the HTML; using valid code may get rid of your
problem (see <http://validator.w3.org/>).

There are also other problems; see:
<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/el.gif>

Author: