Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Usng more than one audio playback device

Usng more than one audio playback device

Ian Bethell

I use Vista X64 Business and want to route my audio to BOTH the Digital
output AND my analogue output.

How can I do this? I currently have to set each one independently as default
and switch between them.

Theo

You need to identify your exact audio hardware and then see
if you can find some documentation on the vendor's website
that might have relative information. Each individual
hardware vendor would have their own unique procedures.

Ian Bethell wrote:
> I use Vista X64 Business and want to route my audio to BOTH the Digital
> output AND my analogue output.
>
> How can I do this? I currently have to set each one independently as
> default and switch between them.

Ian Bethell

It's a soundmax DTS soundcard.

I can't find any information from the vendour's website.

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to identify your exact audio hardware and then see if you can
> find some documentation on the vendor's website that might have relative
> information. Each individual hardware vendor would have their own unique
> procedures.
>

> Ian Bethell wrote:
>> I use Vista X64 Business and want to route my audio to BOTH the Digital
>> output AND my analogue output.
>>
>> How can I do this? I currently have to set each one independently as
>> default and switch between them.

Theo

I would guess you're going to have to do a little research
and looking at the software supporting your sound card. My
Asus on-board RealTek sound chip has an option in the
'RealTek Sound Manager' to have both Analog and Digital
output at the same time. However, I have no idea what the
capabilities of your hardware are.