Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > any way to filter or add a color in an avi file?

any way to filter or add a color in an avi file?

Mario

Hello,

is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
avi file?

I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
camera are rich in blues and lack reds

Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

thanks

Mario

Paul Furman

Mario wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
> avi file?
>
> I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
> camera are rich in blues and lack reds
>
> Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert back
to avi.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net

G Hardy

"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XZLRi.11723$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Mario wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
>> avi file?
>>
>> I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
>> camera are rich in blues and lack reds
>>
>> Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

> You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
> VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert back to
> avi.

Can't VirtualDub do the colour correction as well? I'm not a user, but I
seem to recall it had the ability to do this.

You can use IrfanView to extract stills from a video - but as far as I can
tell, there's no way to combine them back into a video, which is a shame.

Jukka Aho

G Hardy wrote:

>>> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in
>>> an avi file?

>> You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
>> VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert
>> back to avi.

> Can't VirtualDub do the colour correction as well? I'm not a user,
> but I seem to recall it had the ability to do this.

Yep, VirtualDub has a built-in HSV (Hue/Saturation/Value) filter and you
can install additional colour correction filters as well - such as
Donald Graft's RGB filter:

<http://neuron2.net/rgb.html>

--
znark

CorrectingAnIdiotsInfo

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:38:15 GMT, Paul Furman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mario wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
>> avi file?
>>
>> I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
>> camera are rich in blues and lack reds
>>
>> Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

>You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
>VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert back
>to avi.

The above is the advice of an inexperienced troll who does nothing more than
spread misinformation to usenet because it has nothing better to do and likes to
think it knows something about photography. Ignore it and all its posts.

Now for even better advice.

There are hundreds of plugins for VirtualDub that will do exactly what you want.
Every plugin and editing tool that you have for your favorite photo editor are
also available for editing video frames.WITHOUT having to disassemble the video
into single frames. (What an amazingly stupid idea that is, just when you
thought you've read them all.) Not all VirtualDub plugins are hosted at the main
site, search for them. Some plugins for free VirtualDub do more than any of the
best video editing programs sold today.

For example, if you have a digicam without IS (image stabilization) look for a
plugin for VirtualDub called "Deshaker". It gives you IS for your videos.

"LogoAway" is a fun one too.

If only there was a usenet "TrollAway" plugin for Usenet so you could
automatically filter out the idiots that continually spew their misinformation.

Paul Furman

Forte Agent 4.1/32.1088 @ EasyNews
<CorrectingAnIdiotsInfo (today)> wrote:

<snipped blathering>

Wow, you made a special name just for me in this thread. I figured in
rec.photo.digital there wouldn't be hardly any replies to a video
question so I offered what little I knew. Thanks to others for clarifying.

Nice to know all those plugins exist!

PS Most newsreaders have filters and I always use my real name.
--
http://youtube.com/profile?user=edgehillnet