Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > "Stop animations"

"Stop animations"

Gualtier Malde

Some versions ago, Netscape had an item in the View menu "Stop animation" which
worked great. I think it was dropped from subsequent versions, and my Firefox
2.0.0.7 doesn't seem to have that. Does anyone remember such an option? Is it
possible it might turn up? I never did figure out why it was removed from
Netscape.

Chuck

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Gualtier Malde wrote:
> Some versions ago, Netscape had an item in the View menu "Stop animation" which
> worked great. I think it was dropped from subsequent versions, and my Firefox
> 2.0.0.7 doesn't seem to have that. Does anyone remember such an option? Is it
> possible it might turn up? I never did figure out why it was removed from
> Netscape.
>
> Chuck

there's nothing like that under View. Are you talking about
this: Tools, Options, Content, and "Load Images automatically?"

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Rom

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:35:17 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:

> Some versions ago, Netscape had an item in the View menu "Stop animation" which
> worked great. I think it was dropped from subsequent versions, and my Firefox
> 2.0.0.7 doesn't seem to have that. Does anyone remember such an option?

Nope, but I think there was an animation setting in Options.

There's an image.animation_mode pref:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Tips_:_Animated_Images>

The Quick Preference Button extension provides a quick way to access
some prefs no longer in Firefox's Options, and includes the above
animation pref: <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1851>

--
Rom