Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > My Wireless Connections Icon in gone -- I can connect by wire only

My Wireless Connections Icon in gone -- I can connect by wire only

=?Utf-8?B?YWlzNzIxNw==?=

I have had a Thinkpad which always worked on wireless networks. Coffee shops
and my own lynksys flawlessly.

Suddenly this capability is gone. There is no Wireless Connection Icon in
the Networks window or a connection icon in the info line. What happened? I
cannot locate the Wireless Network Adapter anywhere in the system. How do I
recover?

My dad put some new programs on the machine including Bluetooth stuff. Did
this wreck my wireless?

__spc__

Right mouse click 'My Computer' on the Desktop > Properties > Hardware > Add
Hardware, then scan for devices already connected, see if XP can pick up the
WiFi card.

It might already be installed, but the driver needs updating, so you might
need to do this instead.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...