Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > signed(12 downto 0) to signed (8 downto 0)

signed(12 downto 0) to signed (8 downto 0)

kyrpa83 kyrpa83 is offline
Junior Member

Hi!

In my code i have register which is std_logic_vector(12 downto 0). The register contains signed result which i need to divide by 2 so it can be fidded to std_logic_vector(8 downto 0). I mean that i make the resolution worse and take only the the higher bits of register(and copy the MSB-bit to needed places to fulfill 2´compliment). That kind of code is really easy to make working in simulators but there other thing is to make it work in design vision for making ASIC. Now i am looking for ready-function from libraries to make it happen. Is there a function which skips as many bits as i want and copys sign-bit all necessery places??

kyrpa83 kyrpa83 is offline
Junior Member

??anyone??

Convert a signed binary number into a signed one ? Rob1bureau VHDL 1 02-27-2010 12:13 AM
DOWNTO versus TO keyword on Component instantiation pierre0102@gmail.com VHDL 1 11-18-2008 12:12 PM
ARRAY(n DOWNTO 0) OF STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(m DOWNTO 0) - VHDL freitass Hardware 0 11-01-2007 03:44 PM
downto vs. to Fabian VHDL 4 08-31-2007 01:00 AM
std_logic_vector(0 downto 0) Brad Smallridge VHDL 3 11-12-2004 06:34 PM

Advertisments