Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > sharing files and printers

sharing files and printers

=?Utf-8?B?cm9i?=

I have a desktop with a printer and wireless network card and a laptop. Both
computers connect wirelessly through my belkin f5d7231 router. Internet and
email works fine on both, but i can't share files or the printer. I have set
up both computers correctly, but get the error message "network path
invalid". How do i fix this?

Dave Cox

Try disabling Norton.

"rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a desktop with a printer and wireless network card and a laptop.
>Both
> computers connect wirelessly through my belkin f5d7231 router. Internet
> and
> email works fine on both, but i can't share files or the printer. I have
> set
> up both computers correctly, but get the error message "network path
> invalid". How do i fix this?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Norton is a name of specific Firewall, if you have another Firewall it is
the same issue. The Firewall has to be configured Not to block Local Network
traffic, and application, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...