Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DLink DI-624 Wireless Network w/XP

DLink DI-624 Wireless Network w/XP

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgQnJhZHNoYXcsIExvdWlzdmlsbGUgS1k=?=

My home network has run fine for 1-2 years with my cable modem/wireless
router (DLink DI-624) connected to a Windows XP box via ethernet but also
supporting several other wireless laptops (all XP). This weekend, I
disconnected the ethernet and installed a wireless card in the only machine
that had been hard wired. I did not change the router/cable modem settings at
all.

Initially things went well (perhaps 1-2 days). However, now I cannot get to
the internet at all on any machine. I have tried many things in the Windows
XP network connections but to no avail. At this point, I am uncertain whether
the problem is in XP or in the cable modem/router and wanted to get an
opinion on that. My main concern is that under network connections, I have a
box called "Internet Connection" that shows the internet as unavailable and
is itself speed limited to 10 Mbps, making it sound like the network is only
looking for ethernet based connections. If I do an ipconfig, all looks good -
proper domain, IP addresses and gateway.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?SmF2aTAwODQ=?=

I would try resetting the modem. Also try calling D-Link tech support, I
called them once and they were very helpful. If you do call them then you
will probably need at least one computer hard wired to them router because
they might have you change some settings on the router.

-Javier