Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN Client & PCMCIA cards

Cisco VPN Client & PCMCIA cards

kreck621 kreck621 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Richmond, VA

I was hoping someone may have seen, or at least has heard of a situation similar to mine and knows of a solution.

My small company has a half dozen or so remote users throughout the US wishing to utilize VPN technology. I have installed Cisco Client software (Ver 4.8.02.0010) on Dell laptops and connecting to a Cisco PIX 506. Once connected via any PCMCIA card (wireless LAN card or Telephone card), a stop error occurs indicating a driver error and a dne2000.sys file is mentioned in the middle of the blue screen displayed.

I have connected, without incident through any integrated component (wireless lan, broadcom adapter, etc.) and have been able to remain connected for hours with full accessibility to network resources.

I have since updated the Cisco software to Ver 5.0.00.0340 and the same error occurs, again only through a PCMCIA connection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bobby