Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to remove the spacing between <form> tag?

How to remove the spacing between <form> tag?

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
still me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:12:44 +0200, "André Gillibert"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Overall, you're specifically the type of guy who slow down the
> >standardization of browsers, increase the number of patches and hacks in
> >browsers, destroy the Web's openness by preventing alternative browsers
> > from having any chance of displaying your cr*p, breaks the Web from user
> >point of view by displaying stupid messages

> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
> form tags? That's some serious power!

No, I think Andre meant that websites that the poster makes, and
those from like minded authors, have the unwanted effect. That
might be a fair point, no? It is like burning coal in private
house chimneys, one house is no likely to cause trouble, but like
minded occupants in lots of other houses doing the same will have
a bad effect.

--
dorayme

Ben C

On 2007-10-26, still me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:12:44 +0200, "André Gillibert"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Overall, you're specifically the type of guy who slow down the
>>standardization of browsers, increase the number of patches and hacks in
>>browsers, destroy the Web's openness by preventing alternative browsers
>> from having any chance of displaying your cr*p, breaks the Web from user
>>point of view by displaying stupid messages

> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
> form tags? That's some serious power!

The problem is that even after it was explained to him why misplacing
form tags is a bad idea, he continued to attempt to defend it (with the
usual bad arguments).

It's therefore quite reasonable for André to point out some more of the
consequences.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:46:17
GMT still me scribed:

>>Overall, you're specifically the type of guy who slow down the
>>standardization of browsers, increase the number of patches and hacks
>>in browsers, destroy the Web's openness by preventing alternative
>>browsers
>> from having any chance of displaying your cr*p, breaks the Web from
>> user
>>point of view by displaying stupid messages

> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
> form tags? That's some serious power!

e = mc² (error = meaning x context x content)

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

Ed Mullen

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:46:17
> GMT still me scribed:
>
>>> Overall, you're specifically the type of guy who slow down the
>>> standardization of browsers, increase the number of patches and hacks
>>> in browsers, destroy the Web's openness by preventing alternative
>>> browsers
>>> from having any chance of displaying your cr*p, breaks the Web from
>>> user
>>> point of view by displaying stupid messages

>> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
>> form tags? That's some serious power!

> e = mc² (error = meaning x context x content)

I'm no mathematician but I think you got the translation wrong (much as
I like it!). c(squared) would mean that "c" is the same value in each
version. Whereas, you've assigned "c" two different values in the
second equation and simply multiplied them, not multiplied the same
value by itself. The variables "context" and "content" could have
different values, and, by the gist of your suggestion, probably would.

Still, the whimsy in your answer struck a chord here. I think I'll use
this as an excuse to write an old friend who IS a mathematician and ask
for a suggested transmutation of the original.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Blinky the Shark

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Neredbojias wrote:
>> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:46:17
>> GMT still me scribed:

>>> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
>>> form tags? That's some serious power!

>> e = mc² (error = meaning x context x content)
>>

> I'm no mathematician but I think you got the translation wrong (much as
> I like it!). c(squared) would mean that "c" is the same value in each
> version. Whereas, you've assigned "c" two different values in the
> second equation and simply multiplied them, not multiplied the same
> value by itself. The variables "context" and "content" could have
> different values, and, by the gist of your suggestion, probably would.
>
> Still, the whimsy in your answer struck a chord here. I think I'll use
> this as an excuse to write an old friend who IS a mathematician and ask
> for a suggested transmutation of the original.

It's elegant in that even though the two c constants aren't the same,
they are both seven-letter words that only differ by their penultimate
characters.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Ed Mullen

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Neredbojias wrote:
>>> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:46:17
>>> GMT still me scribed:

>>> e = mc² (error = meaning x context x content)
>>>

>> I'm no mathematician but I think you got the translation wrong (much as
>> I like it!). c(squared) would mean that "c" is the same value in each
>> version. Whereas, you've assigned "c" two different values in the
>> second equation and simply multiplied them, not multiplied the same
>> value by itself. The variables "context" and "content" could have
>> different values, and, by the gist of your suggestion, probably would.
>>
>> Still, the whimsy in your answer struck a chord here. I think I'll use
>> this as an excuse to write an old friend who IS a mathematician and ask
>> for a suggested transmutation of the original.

> It's elegant in that even though the two c constants aren't the same,
> they are both seven-letter words that only differ by their penultimate
> characters.

Well, I guess I'm square with that.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Blinky the Shark

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> I'm no mathematician but I think you got the translation wrong (much as
>>> I like it!). c(squared) would mean that "c" is the same value in each
>>> version. Whereas, you've assigned "c" two different values in the
>>> second equation and simply multiplied them, not multiplied the same
>>> value by itself. The variables "context" and "content" could have
>>> different values, and, by the gist of your suggestion, probably would.
>>>
>>> Still, the whimsy in your answer struck a chord here. I think I'll use
>>> this as an excuse to write an old friend who IS a mathematician and ask
>>> for a suggested transmutation of the original.

>> It's elegant in that even though the two c constants aren't the same,
>> they are both seven-letter words that only differ by their penultimate
>> characters.

> Well, I guess I'm square with that.

Time to celebrate, then, with a nice piece of pi.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:52:24 GMT
Ed Mullen scribed:

>>> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
>>> form tags? That's some serious power!

>> e = mc² (error = meaning x context x content)
>>

> I'm no mathematician but I think you got the translation wrong (much as
> I like it!). c(squared) would mean that "c" is the same value in each
> version. Whereas, you've assigned "c" two different values in the
> second equation and simply multiplied them, not multiplied the same
> value by itself. The variables "context" and "content" could have
> different values, and, by the gist of your suggestion, probably would.
>
> Still, the whimsy in your answer struck a chord here. I think I'll use
> this as an excuse to write an old friend who IS a mathematician and ask
> for a suggested transmutation of the original.

As John Nash (sort of) indicated, "I never said it was rational."

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

David Cox

"Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Neredbojias wrote:
>> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:46:17
>> GMT still me scribed:
>>>
>>> Wow, he had all that effect just by posting a web page with misplaced
>>> form tags? That's some serious power!

>> e = mc² (error = meaning x context x content)
>>

> I'm no mathematician but I think you got the translation wrong (much as I
> like it!). c(squared) would mean that "c" is the same value in each
> version. Whereas, you've assigned "c" two different values in the second
> equation and simply multiplied them, not multiplied the same value by
> itself. The variables "context" and "content" could have different
> values, and, by the gist of your suggestion, probably would.
>
> Still, the whimsy in your answer struck a chord here. I think I'll use
> this as an excuse to write an old friend who IS a mathematician and ask
> for a suggested transmutation of the original.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
> http://abington.edmullen.net
> If toast always lands butter-side-down, and a cats always land on their
> feet, what would happen if you strapped a piece of toast on the back of a
> cat & dropped it?

Odd, I thought of it more like text abv.

error = messy squared ?