Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Ajax (Anthem) DropDownList problems in User Control

Ajax (Anthem) DropDownList problems in User Control

lithoman

Hi all,

DotNet2.0, Anthem Ajax

I am trying to use a dependent DropDownList (Country/State) setup in a
User Control. Works fine in a page implementation, the controlling
DropDownList does the callback and the dependent DropDownList
databinds and updates via Anthem with no problem.

The difficulty occurs when I place them in a User Control. It works,
i.e. the dependent list binds and updates fine, there's no page
reload, data persists, but when the controlling list's change event
fires, the tab order resets to the top of the page.

I suspect it's probably an Anthem issue in the JavaScript and how the
controls are loaded in the Anthem Manager, but I have no idea where to
start. Any thoughts?

Chad Scharf

I'm not familiar with Anthem, but I know ASP.NET AJAX does the same thing,
regardless of server side "Focus()" operations. Perhaps the easiest thing to
do is to emit script at the bottom of the page that sets the focus for you
to that parent drop down list so the tab order will pick up where it left
off. I'm not sure if Anthem supports executing scripts after the
XHttpRequest is finished.

- Chad

"lithoman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> DotNet2.0, Anthem Ajax
>
> I am trying to use a dependent DropDownList (Country/State) setup in a
> User Control. Works fine in a page implementation, the controlling
> DropDownList does the callback and the dependent DropDownList
> databinds and updates via Anthem with no problem.
>
> The difficulty occurs when I place them in a User Control. It works,
> i.e. the dependent list binds and updates fine, there's no page
> reload, data persists, but when the controlling list's change event
> fires, the tab order resets to the top of the page.
>
> I suspect it's probably an Anthem issue in the JavaScript and how the
> controls are loaded in the Anthem Manager, but I have no idea where to
> start. Any thoughts?

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Chad Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm not familiar with Anthem, but I know ASP.NET AJAX does the same thing,
> regardless of server side "Focus()" operations.

Indeed.

> I'm not sure if Anthem supports executing scripts after the XHttpRequest
> is finished.

It certainly does...

Anthem.Manager.AddScriptForClientSideEval("alert(' Hello');");

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP