Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Download managers

Download managers

=Julia Set=

What do you, gentle readers, consider the best download manager?
Do any of you know of spyware/adware/malware associated with any of
these programmes?
Yes, I use dialup and so that is why I'm seeking guidance with this
issue.
TIA,
=JS

Manuel Marino

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:09:30 +1300, =Julia Set=
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What do you, gentle readers, consider the best download manager?
>Do any of you know of spyware/adware/malware associated with any of
>these programmes?
>Yes, I use dialup and so that is why I'm seeking guidance with this
>issue.
>TIA,
>=JS

Uhmmm well, maybe you need a download accelerator and not a download
manager.

This one http://www.speedbit.com/ is very good.

--
Manuel Marino

My Weblog / Music, Arts, People, Ideas
http://www.manuelmarino.com

Paul

=Julia Set= wrote:
> What do you, gentle readers, consider the best download manager?
> Do any of you know of spyware/adware/malware associated with any of
> these programmes?
> Yes, I use dialup and so that is why I'm seeking guidance with this
> issue.
> TIA,
> =JS

Some info here. The second link is a list of download managers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_manager
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...nload_managers

Paul