Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Setting up a wireless network

Setting up a wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

I have a wireless router and three laptops. I would like to share a printer.
I assume the printer needs to be connected to one of the computers or have a
network card. The bigger question is, I am trying to setup my XP Home laptop
to use the interned over the wireless network. I don't see where the setup
addresses a wireless network. Anyone have a web page that discusses setting
up a XP Home computer on a wireless network?
--
Mark

Malke

Mark wrote:

> I have a wireless router and three laptops. I would like to share a
> printer.
> I assume the printer needs to be connected to one of the computers or
> have a
> network card. The bigger question is, I am trying to setup my XP Home
> laptop to use the interned over the wireless network. I don't see
> where the setup
> addresses a wireless network. Anyone have a web page that discusses
> setting up a XP Home computer on a wireless network?

You will either need to have a printer that can be attached to your
router via ethernet or attach it to one of your computers and share it.
I'm not sure what you mean by "setup addresses a wireless network" on
the laptop. Here are various websites to help you set up your wireless
Internet access and your home network:

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

Wireless - Basic Configuration -