Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microsoft: The mother of all Spyware.

Microsoft: The mother of all Spyware.

Au79

Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT

It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to succeed.
Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for an "advertising framework"
that uses "context data" from your hard drive to show you advertisements
and "apportion and credit advertising revenue" to ad suppliers in real
time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother of all adware.

http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
http://www.ubuntu.com

thanatoid

Au79 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:BaYQi.341074$(E-Mail Removed):

> Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems
>
> By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT
>
> It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to
> succeed. Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for
> an "advertising framework" that uses "context data" from
> your hard drive to show you advertisements and "apportion
> and credit advertising revenue" to ad suppliers in real
> time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother of
> all adware.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

MS = Mothers'o'Spyware?

--
Waiting for the day when it is illegal to use anything but Vista
on any computer in the world.

Tony

Micro Snatch

Regards Tony

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Au79 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems
>
>By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT
>
>It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to succeed.
>Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for an "advertising framework"
>that uses "context data" from your hard drive to show you advertisements
>and "apportion and credit advertising revenue" to ad suppliers in real
>time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother of all adware.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

Scary and sad, I would expect them to give me a free computer, that's
what companies used to do, when force feeding you advertising.

--

__\o/__: 1, ___/\___: 0

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10470196
(stolen from fark.com)

wisdomkiller & pain

Au79 wrote:

> Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems
>
> By John McBride | Published: July 17, 2007 - 09:45AM CT
>
> It's such a tremendously bad idea that it's almost bound to succeed.
> Microsoft has filed another patent, this one for an "advertising
> framework" that uses "context data" from your hard drive to show you
> advertisements and "apportion and credit advertising revenue" to ad
> suppliers in real time. Yes, Redmond wants to own the patent on the mother
> of all adware.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yq92kx

And Google didn't file a complaint yet?

Re: The mother of all copyright infringements Bob Larter Digital Photography 2 10-15-2009 02:14 PM
HI STEPHANIE I WAS SO GLAD T6O TALKED TO YOUR MOTHER MOTHER'S DAY WEEK END. marie ore Computer Support 11 05-23-2006 09:02 PM
Mother Boards built in wireless Ed. Wireless Networking 3 08-03-2005 12:59 PM
OT: My mother sucks Ken Briscoe MCSE 17 01-21-2005 07:40 PM
your mother =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbmNpdG8=?= MCSE 8 12-24-2003 04:47 PM

Advertisments