Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD-RAM Scarcity? HD 16:9 Recording

DVD-RAM Scarcity? HD 16:9 Recording

xeaglecrest@att.net

Daniel Norton wrote:

> Maybe it's because I'm connecting to the TV via HDMI and the TV won't
> override the 4:3 setting. I'll look into it some more. Thanks.

That could be the problem. When I use the HDMI cable, only Wide and 4:3
are listed. I keep the component cables hooked up so I can use Zoom1 to
expand burned in widescreen programs to fill the screen.

I would suggest you get a program like TMPGEnc DVD Author. It is fairly
easy to use and you can make a nice menu, edit out commercials, place
chapter stops where you want them, and set the 16:9 flag if necessary.
I mainly use DVD+RW on the EZ27, so there are no wasted discs.

And David Z is correct. There are no desktop hi-def recorders.
Whenever you see HD listed, it is referring to the Hard Drive, if it has
one.
-Bill

Daniel Norton

On Oct 17, 6:03 am, "David Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You can't record an HD picture on a DVD-RAM disc...

Certainly not "HD DVD". I've seen "HD" loosely defined as over 1
million pixels, but is there a formal definition of "HD" somewhere?

--
Daniel

Richard C.

"Daniel Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Oct 17, 6:03 am, "David Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> You can't record an HD picture on a DVD-RAM disc...

> Certainly not "HD DVD". I've seen "HD" loosely defined as over 1
> million pixels, but is there a formal definition of "HD" somewhere?
>
> --
> Daniel

=====================
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/hdtv2.htm
you can google the rest.................

Daniel Norton

On Oct 23, 7:44 pm, "Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/hdtv2.htm

Okay, so "HD" in this context means "HDTV" (as opposed to "HD DVD").
More specifically, following the table captioned "The 18 Primary DTV
Standards," the VCR I have doesn't record "HDTV," but it does record
16:9 "SDTV" (which it apparently upconverts to 1080i HDTV, as my TV
reports the incoming signal as "1080i").

Thanks, all.

--
Daniel

Daniel Norton

On Oct 24, 8:07 am, Daniel Norton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ... the VCR I have ...

D'oh! Of course that should read "DVD Recorder."

--
Daniel

Recording Call Manager Configuration John Daragon Cisco 4 08-19-2005 02:04 PM
Recording Audio From Website (there must be a way) =?Utf-8?B?QUNhdW50ZXI=?= ASP .Net 1 03-01-2005 06:19 PM
Regarding ACTs recording problem nglmartin@yahoo.co.uk ASP .Net 1 02-08-2005 02:28 PM
Commands recording hakim soso Cisco 3 10-31-2004 09:22 PM
RE: Recording WAVs Chris Moore ASP .Net 0 04-02-2004 11:42 PM

Advertisments